Internal Controls Associate Manager, Europe
The primary focus of this position is to drive an agile, effective and efficient internal controls environment by identifying key risks, performing the internal controls programme and partnering with the business to advocate change. This entails performing a risk assessment for applicable business units in Europe, implementing the process understanding, tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness in accordance with the applicable standards, and driving technology-enabled enhancements. Based in Amsterdam, you will be part of the wider finance and controlling team working with colleagues across Europe and globally.
- Plan and implement the global internal controls strategy closely with the Internal Controls Manager, Europe and International Internal Controls Lead.
- Manage and support co-sourcing relationship with EY, including coaching of team members and review of testing work papers and other key deliverables.
- Manage and support the GBS Compliance Business Process resources to effectively implement the GBS control testing programme.
- Complete and/or review the timely delivery of walkthroughs, test of design and operating effectiveness in significant BUs.
- Lead the control self-assessment programme to provide insights and improvements in the control environment of lower risk BUs.
- For processes with controls weakness, perform root-cause analysis and initiate the control's enhancement/operational improvement projects working closely with local and zone management to remediate deficiencies on a timely basis.
- Work with the business and other operational support areas to implement the new controls and/or control improvements until it forms part of the business-as-usual operating model.
- Deliver valuable projects driven by business need.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the roll-out of local financial policies and procedures including developing guidance and training.
- Delivery financial controls training to upskill management and the broader business function.
- Provide support for strategic projects, system implementations, finance transformations, ad hoc investigations and controller projects.
- Find opportunities to leverage the use of technologies to drive a more efficient control environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified (Accounting, Finance or other relevant degree preferred)
- Big4 experience preferred.
- Extensive experience and expertise in SOX, internal controls over financial reporting, risk assessment, process analysis and documentation / mapping of risk and controls.
- FMCG or similar industry experience preferred.
What we offer you:
At Kraft Heinz, we're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It's true: Our employees are what makes us successful. As part of the Kraft Heinz family you're supported to grow and achieve and will be recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You're given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won't do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
- An ambitious employer; we only want to be the best for our people.
- A fast career track that only few other companies can match.
- Permanent contract, we believe in doing big bets on talent.
- Always room for new insights, if you have a phenomenal idea, please let us know and we can set it into action!