Internal Audit Manager
Internal Audit Manager (Utilities & Engineering) – Manchester
An ambitious and dynamic utility company is searching for an Internal Audit Manager in Manchester. This new and exciting opportunity offers a great compensation package and the opportunity to travel. The office is based in Manchester, United Kingdom. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to take a step up in responsibility.
Your responsibilities as an Internal Audit Manager:
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing the annual risk based internal audit plan
- Conduct Risk Assessments and collaborate with peers and co-source to ensure overall Internal Audit Plan has addressed most significant risks.
- Lead/ assist internal audit teams in various global projects that encompass areas of compliance, operational, financial, and specialized audits.
- Key responsibilities include review and identification of site internal controls, assessment of control design, recommending control design improvements where applicable, testing key controls and thorough completion of all work-paper testing and test plans.
- Develop and present quality audit reports with practical, actionable, and effective recommendations which are consistent with current operating practices to subsidiaries, operating management and to corporate management. Subsequently, evaluate the quality of actions proposed by management.
- Present and defend audit results at closing meetings.
- Ensure timely closure of remedial actions taking the necessary steps to implement action plans addressing weakness in the control environment.
- Participate in the development of the audit function improving its processes. Champion implementation and maintenance processes for audit management tools as well as the use of emerging technologies to automate and implement continuous auditing.
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of Audit & Finance Committee materials.
- Develop training material and communication tools.
- Ability to collaborate, partner and develop trusting and credible relationships with various stakeholders.
- Minimum of 7-8 years in: Internal or external audit within a big four, and/or, Internal audit function of a manufacturing, utility or energy multinational business.
- Professional designation (e.g. CIA or CPA, ACCA and/ or CFE) preferred.
- Experienced with automated internal controls in SAP.
- Familiar with CAATS: knowledge of ACL or any other data analytics tool also preferred.
What’s on offer:
- Base salary up to £70,000 (DOE)
- Excellent Bonus & Benefits
- International travel opportunities
To find out more information, please apply below!