Mobile Application Security Engineer (Financial Services)
Location: London based (please only apply if able to work in the London location, some home working available)
Salary & Benefits: £41,592 to £67,587 (depending on experience) base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working. We aim to ensure you have a good work-life balance and positive mental health.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands - including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland - as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country. We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help.
Where does this role sit?
This role is part of the Digital Platform and Releases Lab.
Here is where our teams shape and build the capabilities that Lloyds Banking needs to empower our Customers with state-of-the-art digital products. Using customer-centric design driven methodologies, we aspire to build experiences allowing our Customers to do banking on their terms. Some examples of what we do are native Mobile App UI components, Mobile App Security frameworks and components, Mobile SDKs, efficient E2E Delivery pipelines.
What will I be responsible for?
This role will be pivotal in testing, delivering, and driving the security of our mobile platform.
The primary focus of this role are the security testing of a world-class security framework, including associated activities (dynamic and static pen tests, third party libraries security review, SDK configuration audit, etc.), and the engineering of automated test cases to validate those security controls on a regular basis. This security framework provides capabilities to enable our commercially and service-minded colleagues to build their own propositions autonomously, focusing on building the best experience for our Customers whilst using enterprise standard components.
Here's how you will make a difference!
- You will demonstrate compliance with Bank policies and standards
- You will identify, review, evaluate and mitigate potential risks ensuring adherence to relevant security patterns and frameworks or to ensure compliance with internal/external regulations
- You will work on applications that have millions of active users, and regularly deliver new features into their hands
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Some hands-on experience of Mobile platform security, threat models and mitigation techniques
- Experience in pen-testing specifically for iOS and/or Android
- Demonstrable systematic and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to resolve specific security issues or events
- You have a proactive and positive attitude towards identifying continuous improvement and supporting change and new ways of working
- You have a good understanding of cryptography and you can provide calculated recommendations about using the right ciphers, modes, key lengths, hashing algorithms, etc. adequate to mitigate security risks without impacting application performances
- Any experience in operating Cyber initiatives on Cloud based platforms as we adopt a "Cloud first" approach.
- Any previous Financial Services experience you could bring would be advantageous but you'll certainly be comfortable navigating across large enterprise scale organizations and working with Engineers and Architects.
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people through personal development, training, qualifications and upskilling on the job.
The sheer scale and size of Lloyds brings great career development opportunities and we are set to continue to grow our Engineering functions across the group for many years to come.
Together we'll make it possible…
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Engineering Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom