Senior Internal Auditor - Financial Services
My client are a global financial services firm with hubs scattered across the USA and EMEA. Due to a planned expansion and internal promotion, we are seeking to appoint a Senior Internal Auditor to join the London team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participating in internal audits designed to evaluate the adequacy of controls for the business and key business processes. This is an end to end internal audit role.
Included in this responsibility are:
- Completing audit test procedures.
- Communicating audit findings noted from the review to the Senior Internal Audit Manager.
- Assisting the Senior Internal Audit Manager in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
- Making, or assisting in making oral and written presentations to management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs.
- Applicants will be able to deliver an end to end internal audit but this can be whilst under supervision from the Senior Internal Audit Manager.
The company culture for this client is extremely dynamic and ambitious candidates are well looked after. 75% of the current leadership team have been internally promoted into the role and other senior operational Line Managers also originated from within internal audit. It has an excellent reputation for getting strong candidates noticed and then poached into group operational roles.
Applicants will ideally be qualified or studying towards one of the following: ACA/ACCA/CIIA/CIA or equivalent.
Communication skills and particularly the ability to articulate risks and controls are essential for this role. A good work/life balance exists and the team operate a "grown up approach" to time keeping with core hours being 9.30-5.30pm. Currently the team are all working from home with a future working plan expected to be 1-2 days a week in the office.
Applications are welcome from internal auditors seeking a move or external auditors who have been working on a financial services portfolio seeking to make their first move into industry. These candidates must be able to identify and articulate risk.
For more information, please click to apply.