Credit Risk Partner- Corporates
Join our community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an experience team, you will ensure that transactions and limits are established with a high level of quality during the analysis process and that approval deadlines, which are often very tight, are met as far as possible.
The difference you'll make
- Undertaking internal rating assessments, using the Santander Group proprietary internal rating tools.
- Conducting a comprehensive assessment of new lending proposals, annual reviews and waiver requests, ensuring that all risks are identified and make a judgement as to their acceptability in a timely fashion followed by a suitable recommendation to the appropriate approval authority.
- Providing technical expertise to team members, ensuring alignment to the Group risk policies.
- Providing independent and robust recommendations to the Senior Management/Committees about potential transactions.
- Taking a proactive role in communication to key stakeholders, maintaining an awareness of the integration plans of the businesses and flag inconsistencies, conflicts and potential resource constraints both internally to the manager as well as directly to stakeholders.
What you'll bring
- A demonstrable track record in large corporates risk analysis, including balance sheet, P&L and cash flow trends.
- A good working knowledge of loan products and treasury products including familiarity with covenant (setting and monitoring), security, documentation and facility structuring.
It would be nice for you to have
- Clear and articulate communication of credit decisions with an ability to justify such if challenged, with sound reasoning.
- Actively develop relationships with the front office and credit risk Madrid and provide exceptional service/advice.
What else you need to know.
This role is permanent & based in London
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
- Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at .co.uk or call .
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.