Tax Compliance Auditor
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
About Large Business
Large Business (LB) Audit has expanded rapidly over the past two years and now comprises of over 100 Auditors at HO and SO level. You will have a customer facing role working together with Tax Specialists and Customer Compliance Managers (CCM) to ensure an effective audit function is delivered.
Auditors in LB form judgements on the systems and processes used by LB customers to mitigate their inherent tax risk or to support known risks by developing and communicating audit options. The role requires the individual to support the LB Risk Management Framework from a cross-tax perspective.
This is an exciting role requiring the successful candidate to work with various senior colleagues in a constantly developing work area.
We are looking for an energetic and engaging individual with good organisational skills to manage multiple cases, meet targets, prioritise, and communicate appropriately, update internal systems to reflect progress and status. Have specialist knowledge of business accounting systems, cross-tax governance and risks management, and systems delivery.
Training will be provided in the form of HMRC Learning Routeways which takes 12-18 months to complete, and you will be expected to complete a Quality Assurance Framework.
As a Tax Compliance Auditor, you will:
- Systems & Processes - Be responsible for discussing and interpreting known and common risks with Tax Specialists, creating a programme of audit work in line with our Audit methodology to provide assurance over the accuracy of the process.
- Data Analysis - You will arrange for relevant data to be extracted from customer systems and analyse this within IDEA (data interrogation software used in audit.) You will present findings in a variety of methods from table summaries to charts and graphs as appropriate.
- Governance - You will consider how customers manage tax risks within their organisation, and how this may impact on accurate tax submissions.
- Employing critical thinking to analyse systems and processes in LB customers to identify potential risk areas and to highlight errors.
- Have strong written communication skills to detail findings and recommendations in formal audit reports.
- Analyse data and other information critically, and make logical conclusions.
- The ability to communicate complex information to a wider audience.
- To work multiple cases concurrently and keep senior officials informed.
- Experience of using video-conferencing and Office 365 tools such as Outlook, SharePoint and Teams.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
The role involves:
- Possible overnight stays.
- LB is office based and you are expected to attend the office 3 days a week.
- An understanding of information systems and accounting software.
- An understanding of Governance and risk management.
- Data extraction, manipulation and analysis techniques.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Experience of using video-conferencing and Office 365 tools such as Outlook, SharePoint and Teams
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A Civil Service pension.
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Friday 15th July 2022
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom