Credit Risk Manager - Vice President, Portfolio Management Group -
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world s most trusted financial group, it s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Credit Risk Manager in the Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is responsible for the implementation of the credit risk management function within GCIB (Global Corporate & Investment Bank) and more specifically the Mid-Corporate/Sponsor Industry Vertical. Provide credit coverage for non-investment grade and private equity owned corporate borrowers.
Vice Presidents will be a corporate finance professional, focused on non-investment grade credit analysis for Mid-Corporate and Sponsor-Led transactions. Critical functions include assessing risk factors associated with each credit and determining the appropriate risk ratings based on established policies and guidelines. Responsibilities will include active credit management utilizing solid credit and analytical skills, including monitoring credits for potential upgrades, downgrades or general credit deterioration with the goal of maximizing the bank s net income while minimizing credit costs.
- Evaluates prospects and analyzes structure of complex financing transactions for new and existing clients in the Mid-Corporate and Sponsor-led industry vertical
- Perform due diligence on new transactions as well as regularly scheduled evaluation of the existing loan portfolio
- Underwrites new bank debt transactions according to established policies and guidelines for non-investment grade clients and prospects, performing detailed credit analyses and required credit applications in accordance with internal policies and regulatory guidance, including the evaluation of company-specific, industry, and regulatory risks; and company historical operating performance, projected operating performance and capital structure
- Manages a portfolio of corporate clients, including periodic reviews and communication of account information across various constituencies throughout the organization
- Prepares cash flow projections to assess the debt repayment capacity of borrowers
- Reviews and negotiates loan documentation and interfaces with Middle Office professionals to facilitate the closing of transactions
- Special projects as assigned
Advanced Credit/Underwriting Solutions:
- Work within deal team environment (with Global Relationship Managers, Credit Administration, Corporate Advisory, Capital Markets, and Syndications) supporting the development and analysis of financing structures/strategies
- Prescreen proposed transactions to identify critical structural issues and risks, balancing institutional policy with business development needs
- Prepare credit analysis for structured credit transactions (derivatives transactions, receivable securitizations)
- Understand and maintain knowledge of industries represented in portfolio, including technical aspects and regulatory issues
- Attend client and bank meetings as appropriate
Policy and Deal Advocacy:
- Coordinates the deal process with credit administration partners in CDA (Credit Division of the Americas), relationship managers in GRM (Global Relationship Management), and various product partners
- Determine appropriate ratings for transactions and correlate appropriate exposure level with regard to exposure on both a transaction and group level
- Ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor s degree, in Finance, Accounting or Economics (CFA or MBA is a plus)
- 5-7 years of General Industries Mid-corporate underwriting and lending experience including Sponsor finance
- Strong credit skills and extensive analytical and modeling skills
- Knowledge of standard bank products including loans, letters of credit, derivatives, foreign exchange, securitization and leasing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with senior credit officers, business partners, and clients
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.