Data Engineer (m/f/d)
We offer you entry into the world of e-commerce, an opportunity well worth taking. A fantastic team, extremely interesting work and attractive compensation await you. During your intensive induction phase, your new colleagues and a personal mentor will be on hand to help you quickly settle into the team and your new role. We want to continue to grow with you, and this means that we can offer development opportunities to suit you. Join the team and help us shape the world of e-commerce. We look forward to meeting you!
Aus Gr??nden der leichteren Lesbarkeit verwenden wir im Textverlauf die m??nnliche Form der Anrede. Selbstverst??ndlich sind bei Lidl Menschen jeder Geschlechtsidentit??t willkommen.
For over ten years, we have been developing, maintaining, and internationalizing Lidl's digital business models. With Lidl online shop, Lidl plus and other digital services we operate in more countries. In our Neckarsulm (Heilbronn region) headquarters, our digital branch office in Berlin and hub in Barcelona, the international threads of Lidl's digital activities come together. And we keep growing. We want to activate the whole organization in data discipline therefore we need to take special care on how to put our data in action. That is why we want to grow in people to help us in that field - at Neckarsulm or Berlin.
- Company Environment. You are part of the Shopping Platform Data Integration Team and will be responsible for activating and modelling large datasets (100+ TB)
- Work together. Data ingestion, CRM analytics and Business Intelligence teams. With your technical expertise you will drive best data practices across the organization and develop pipelines (real time + batch) to get the most from our data. You will also have exposition and have the change to contribute to solutions developed with machine learning technologies
- Technologies. You work in a multi-cloud environment (GCP and Azure) with data transformation tools for the entire value chain: Data Lakes, Streams, Databricks, Functions, Orchestrators, Relational databases, etc.
- Educational background. You have completed your Bachelor or Master studies in Computer Sciences, Software Development or in a similar field
- Professional background. 4+ Experience in software development, 2+ experience in big data frameworks (Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Hive). contribution in open source projects is a plus
- Development. You have experience in Python (required), Scala (preferred) and SQL. Also .NET or Java are appreciated. Experience in agile software development is also valued
- Data bases. Relational and non-relational (MongoDB, ELK, Cassandra)
- Curious mindset. You are interested in making sense of (un)structured datasets, basic ETL processes are in your toolbox. We will value your experience in machine learning tools as well (scikit-learn, pandas, spark ML, mlflow )
- Keep learning. Passion for learning new tools, programming languages and frameworks. Ability to be creative and innovation-minded, self-motivated and proactive
- Languages. Fluent in English to work in a multi-cultural environment