HO Finance Systems and Process Analyst
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Finance Systems and Process Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Financial Accreditation Team (FA Team). You will work in a fast-paced project environment, building relationships, and providing specialist financial advice and support to assist in driving forward effective transformation of HMRC's finance systems and processes. You will specify finance requirements for change initiatives and ensure they are delivered.
This will allow HMRC to account for, receive and pay out money in accordance with strategy and Accounting Standards. This role gives an outstanding opportunity to develop key leadership, assurance and collaboration skills.
About Corporate Finance
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does!
Our vacancy sits in the Financial Accreditation (FA) Team, which forms part of Finance Operations. Our team plays a key role in HMRC Transformation by ensuring excellent financial management and control throughout the HMRC Change process by accrediting changes to financial systems and processes.
Providing an excellent prospect to work collaboratively across HMRC with Change teams; you will provide advice and direction to ensure all changes impacting Finance Systems and Processes meet Departmental and Finance strategies, such as Making Tax Digital.
Our exciting and interesting role would suit anyone who wants to work in a Finance or Project working environment or has a desire to develop their knowledge of HMRC tax systems and processes.
As a department committed to continuous professional development this role will also provide you with opportunities to learn, expand or further develop your Accounting, auditing and Project Management knowledge to support you reach your potential.
You will join a welcoming and accomplished team of accreditors, who have a wide knowledge of tax and finance accounting systems and processes.
Successful candidates will undertake a bespoke training programme enabling you to:
- Represent corporate finance in a project change environment, introducing and driving forward our requirements.
- Influencing the financial accreditation process as the team adapts to the pace of HMRC Change and the way we deliver Financial Accreditation.
- Develop the skills needed to build co-operative partnerships with project and programs teams to ensure Finance requirements are understood and developed.
Critically you'll then be assuring the subsequent changes made to ensure that they align with internal and external standards.
We do this throughout the project lifecycle process; providing accreditation and assurance for changes to HMRCs financial systems and processes.
Note: This is not an accounts production or budget holder role.
Working closely with SO Accreditors, HMRC Change leads and Finance/IT specialists you will be responsible for:
- Working in partnership with Senior Officers accreditation of complex, high risk change initiatives and / or taking ownership and leading on the accreditation of several smaller lower risk change initiatives.
- Being a finance project stakeholder with accountability for or working in partnership with the Senior Officer who has accountability for ensuring finance requirements are delivered by the project team to attain a safe, secure and auditable financial journey.
- Managing risks, issues and prioritising your own work so that you meet critical deadlines
- Ensuring that changes made to Finance systems and processes meet Finance strategy.
- Working with an expert team of accreditors, to continually build capability that will ensure efficient delivery that meets the future demands of HMRC.
You will do this by:
- Developing an extensive range of contacts and being involved in a wide variety of subjects, which reach across the whole of HMRC.
- Working closely with wider Corporate Finance Subject Matter Experts (SME) to ensure their requirements are delivered, drawing on their expertise and keeping them informed of progress.
- Building an extensive knowledge and expertise of financial accounting and system requirements enabling you to support the wider business whilst providing input to a number of changes.
- Using and developing your knowledge and skills to provide accounting advice and support to all those involved in accreditation.
- Working with project teams and influencing change managers to embrace strategic solutions that will meet the future demands of the department.
- Attending and participating in change workshops/meetings, to understand impact of change and provide support and advice on the needs of finance and our strategic aims (travel will be required).
- Inputting financial requirements and influencing design.
- Responsibility for drafting process maps, Business Readiness, producing auditable information, testing preparation and collecting evidence for Go Live.
Important: The role requires frequent travel including overnight stays, sometimes at short notice.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with evidence of influencing and engaging with business partners in a large dispersed organisation.
- Finance skills.
- Ability to demonstrate either project management, audit or assurance skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities from multiple sources.
- Ability to analyse information, summarise and use judgement on recommendations.
Although the following is desirable there will be on the job learning and development, and therefore not essential:
- Working knowledge of one or more areas of taxation
- Good knowledge of accounting and project management principles, including desirable qualifications as follows:
- Fully/part qualified accountant (CAAB or equivalent).
- Fully/part qualified Association of Accounting Technician (AAT).
- Audit qualification(s).
- Project Management qualification(s)
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A Civil Service pension.
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 11th July 2022
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Risk Management Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Tax Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Risk Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Analytics Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in West Yorkshire