Director, Prudential Liquidity Management
At Lloyds Banking Group our primary purpose is to help Britain prosper…
And this is only realistic if we're making a genuine difference to Britain's people, its businesses and local communities.
We're responsible for 20% of the UK's financial system and, to meet the changes and challenges of the UK economy, need liquidity to be able to fund it.
Our Treasury's Prudential Liquidity Management team (PLM) are a friendly and deeply knowledgeable team responsible for delivering the prudent funding and liquidity of the largest UK ring-fenced bank.
They ensure we have sufficient resources to support our customers' needs - from mortgages to large multinational commercial enterprises. We're talking about a balance sheet of £625bn!
Help us make it possible...
About the role...
You'll use your expertise to devise & deliver a strategy across multiple financial market products to help complete our Funding Plan to reduce the cost of providing liquidity to the bank's customers.
Leading a team of Traders you'll deliver a highly liquid, low credit risk, diversified, Liquid Asset Buffer (of £125bn) as well as handle daily liquidity metrics.
In effect you'll need to have the group's balance sheet in your head, juggling the various demands and negotiating funding risks, so we can deliver safe funding to millions of customers.
Predicting and working through potential market stresses you'll play a key role in providing safe, accessible funding and avoiding future financial crises.
Here's what you'll focus on...
- You'll be tasked with designing, implementing and coordinating the delivery of the PLM strategy within defined Regulatory and Group limits.
- You'll run a robust control environment to ensure trading activity adheres to group policy and the team operates within liquidity, market and credit risk limits, including leading on conduct & operational risk.
- You'll collaborate with key partners in liquidity risk, market risk, credit risk, compliance and coverage to respond to changes in the internal and external business environment
- And you'll nurture, empower, develop and appraise your team to get the best out of them as individuals and as a team
It'll also involve cultivating relationships with Issuers, Originators, Dealers & Clients to source funding & investment opportunities, develop your (and your team's) market knowledge and maintain best market practice.
What would we need to see in your application?
Extensive knowledge and wide practical experience of the relevant procedures and products within fixed income markets including Bonds, Securities Financing, Commercial Paper, FX & Rates.
Detailed knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and ability to provide advice thereon.
We'd ideally see your analytical approach, supported by relevant business experience, in order to provide recommendations/solutions to meet business needs.
The ability to communicate sophisticated issues and produce detailed reports, adapting the style and content according to the target audience.
And finally the quality to develop colleagues' skills and capabilities while fostering a culture of collaboration.
What you'll get in return:
Working from home is supported and encouraged. We're also supportive of flexible and part-time working, let us know what might work for you.
As a leading employer we're passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. And, being disability positive, reasonable adjustments can be accommodated in our Recruitment process.
We'll also offer you a comprehensive package that includes:
- A competitive salary (an element of flexibility exists over what is advertised here)
- Annual performance bonus opportunity
- Share schemes, including free shares
- Generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- Private health care extendable to family
- A flex cash pot of 4% salary to spend on lifestyle benefits
So if you have the skills and experience we're seeking and working with some seriously big numbers appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
More searches like this
- Compliance Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom