HO Data and Systems Auditor (Tax Compliance) - Bristol
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
At HMRC we're committed to getting tax right, for everyone.
We're all doing our bit to make a difference, whether that's helping customers pay their tax and claim financial support or making it hard for the dishonest minority to cheat the system.
We couldn't do all this without our dedicated and very important workforce. We're one of the largest organisations in the UK, and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive working culture.
As a Data and Systems Auditor, you will support Compliance Caseworkers in carrying out tax investigations into customers records, to identify and address any irregularities or non-compliant behaviour.
Your role within these investigations will be to provide technical systems and data interrogation support, with the intent of tackling non-compliance and electronic sales suppression. To do this you will be required to access, analyse and understand customers computerised systems, software, and data in relation to their accounts.
Your day-to-day duties will include but will not be limited to the following
- Interview customers and their representatives as part of supporting an investigation, either virtually or face-to-face
- Produce audit reports to document your findings and recommendations
- Identify and document the systems, point of sale and accounting software used by the customer
- Undertake in-depth analysis of point of sale, accounting software and the data they hold, to identify tax compliance risks from both a software and user perspective
- Cleanse and analyse data using a variety of tools
- Share and update knowledge on systems, audit techniques and best practice in-line with the systems encountered and audits undertaken
- Support and coach junior auditors with the more complex and technical aspects of their roles
We currently work 37 hours per week, covering various working arrangements during HMRC's standard operating hours between 7am and 8pm, Monday to Saturday. This includes weekends, evenings (up to 8pm) and some bank holidays.
Part-time working opportunities (minimum 22 hours per week covering various patterns during our opening times) can be considered but business need will dictate whether your request can be accommodated.
Part-time hours: The pay and annual leave for the vacancy will be pro-rata for successful part-time positions.
You don't need any existing knowledge or experience of tax in order to apply, but we are looking for the following skills and personal qualities.
- Excellent level of computer literacy
- An interest in solving IT issues
- Confidence when using unfamiliar software
- Good organisational skills to enable you to effectively prioritise and manage your workload
- Good ability to document and maintain a robust audit trail
- Ability to handle difficult conversation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
As well as competitive salaries and a generous annual leave entitlement, we offer a substantial package of benefits including:
- Excellent training and career progression
- Competitive pensions
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Wednesday 20th July 2022
More searches like this
- Compliance Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Tax Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Investigations Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom