IT External Audit Manager - (happy to talk about flexible working and reduced hours)
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Within our Audit practice, we’re very keen to support and hire those who have had career breaks or time away from Audit, who would like to return to a busy, flexible auditing role. Our vacancies for qualified Auditors are all open to supporting the up-skilling and re-integration of returners to our business.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our tailored and responsive approach provides the expertise our clients need, enabling them to grow and make the right decisions about their future.
Now’s the time to take everything you know about audit to the next level, with our growing portfolio of clients. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first, ahead of what is easy, and you will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our clients the assurance, they need.
A look into the role
We are looking for an experienced Manager who has previous experience at this grade, who can hit the ground running in managing a team whilst taking on a portfolio of clients. Here is what to expect in this role :
- You'll be responsible for developing the approach to IT audit risk on a portfolio of clients and building and maintaining good working relationships with financial audit colleagues and clients.
- You will be a key point of contact to our clients; assist IT audit engagement leaders in establishing the IT audit approach; review IT audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner.
- Leading junior members of the IT audit team, with management responsibility for clients to ensure IT audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives. You'll motivate and coach team members and provide feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal.
- Assist IT audit engagement leaders in understanding IT audit risk, developing an IT audit approach where there are cloud-based applications or service organisations and overall scope of IT audit services. You will highlight key IT matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage and ensure they are properly assessed and dealt with. You must check that IT audit work papers been properly reviewed and that work is completed to budget and timetable
- Take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You can also work on developing yourself and others, with the support of your people manager.
Knowing you’re right for us
- The minimum criteria will be to have experience in external audit, as an IT Audit Manager, and having knowledge of leveraging data techniques within an audit environment
- Professionally qualified (CISA and / or ACA, CA, ACCA)
- You'll be familiar with accounting systems such as SAP, Oracle, Dynamics.
- Experience with using data techniques such as IDEA or ACL, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, SAS or similar
- Experience of managing IT audits in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Experience of Auditing Standards(ISAs) would be beneficial
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas, and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people, and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Audit Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom