Quality Assurance Testing (QAT) Analyst
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration. Our digital transformation programme is ambitious, exciting and award winning. This programme is the envy of other government organisations and it will make HMRC one of the most digitally sophisticated tax authorities in the world.
Now is a fantastic time to start building your career in our exciting, creative and world-class IT team. If you want to learn a lot, help others do the same and be part of delivering public service that makes a real difference, HMRC is a great place to do that.
Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) are at the heart of the HMRC Chief Digital Information Officer (CDIO) group. We handle HMRC's core integration/middleware services, taking care of over a billion transactions every year and connecting hundreds of HMRC services.
We provide platforms for delivering Application Programming Interface (API) access to HMRC systems. We also provide artefacts and support for API consumers to build and manage authorised software that seamlessly integrates with HMRC digital services.
We use modern open-source products and work in an Agile way to deliver flexible, effective integration solutions.
As a Quality Assurance Testing (QAT) Analyst in EIS, you will work closely with product owners, developers, architects, business analysts, etc. and prepare test plans and detailed test scripts and/or automated tests. You will also perform test execution, collate test evidence and produce test reports.
You will have a keen eye for detail and a strong focus on quality. You will understand different test strategies, approaches, phases and methodologies and how to best use these to ensure services we provide are high quality and well-tested.
You will be an encouraging team-player: Someone who is self-motivated, a confident communicator with good interpersonal skills and a proven commitment to continuous improvement in self and others.
This is an exciting opportunity suited to someone who is proactive and hardworking, has recent experience in a similar role and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing test artefacts e.g. test data, automated test packs, end-to-end test suites etc;
- Reviewing and analysing requirements and specifications to define comprehensive test scenarios and conditions;
- Preparing test plans, test scripts and test reports;
- Assuring high quality and accuracy is maintained through to release;
- Preparing and maintaining test packs for use with automated test tools;
- Executing manual and automated test scripts, observing process and outcomes and recording test results;
- Identifying and logging defects;
- Creating or updating tests to enable retest of corrected defects or change requirements; and
- Championing and mentoring colleagues
You will need to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience in the following:
- Different test phases and relevant techniques;
- Data communication technologies/languages e.g. SOAP, XML, WSDL, XSD, JSON etc.; and
- Use of an automated testing tool/framework;
Ideally, you will also demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following:
- Agile methodology; and
- Qualified at ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level or ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 9th August 2022