Risk Oversight Manager
Lloyds Banking Group is a customer focused, sustainable, efficient and low risk UK financial services leader with distinctive capabilities and a clear purpose of Helping Britain Prosper. We are the largest UK retail and commercial financial services provider, with a presence in nearly every community.
You'll help shape the design and drive implementation of model risk management across the Insurance business.
Insurance, Pensions and Investment Risk support and challenge the business to enable them to make well informed decisions and achieve their strategic objectives. We do this by building trusted relationships with the business, allowing them to seek out our expertise and benefit from effective challenge. We are a high performing team with a desire to continue to learn and evolve.
As part of the role you will deliver high quality briefings, explanations and information for Insurance Model Governance committees, the Insurance Risk Oversight Committee and the regulator. You will review and challenge existing model risk management policies and develop leading practices, collaborating across the Risk division to ensure a holistic approach to Risk oversight.
So, what skills are we looking for?
- Qualified actuary with experience of model risk management - ideally with experience across Line 1 and Line 2 roles
- A motivated self-starter, who is resilient and able to prioritise and multi-task across various activities, and as part of a small team
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills to challenge robustly but constructively; confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to mitigate risks
- Strong self-awareness with the desire to go above and beyond; has real drive and determination to achieve
- Ability to effectively communicate sophisticated issues; collaborate and build positive relationships across IP&I
- Role models the Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours and encourages this across IP&I Risk
- Ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and change with a capacity to work flexibly
What will you get in return?
Our team wants you to have the opportunity and support to develop yourself both technically and interpersonally to optimise your potential. We have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of personal development and a career that's enriching.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also expect excellent benefits, including a discretionary performance-related bonus, private health cover, share schemes, and a generous pension contribution, along with the option to choose an additional cash lump sum (4% of salary) or pick from a wide range of industry leading benefits.
We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As a team we work flexibly following a hybrid working model, combining working from home with travel to our offices to align with work activities. Plus, you'll be part of an encouraging team who work in a variety of flexible ways to accommodate work-life balance.
We have a truly inclusive culture and greatly value the diversity of thought to really make a difference for our customers.
If you have the skills we need to belong to our inclusive team, please get in touch.
Together we make it possible!