Operational Data Analyst I
Location: US (Remote)
We Give You A World of Potential
We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Operational Data Analyst I.
Before we tell you more about the role, it’s important for you to know a few things about the department that make this such a great place to work, as well as Computershare as a whole.
- At Specialized Loan Servicing (SLS), we are an industry leader in mortgage servicing solutions for the financial services and investment banking industries. As part of Computershare - the world’s largest stock transfer agent—we have grown rapidly in Colorado and Arizona to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
- We offer fantastic career development and put a lot of time into training and qualifications to ensure the continuous development of the team
So, now that you know this is a tremendous department in a company that truly supports their employees, I’m sure you’ll want to find out more about the role and what you’ll be involved in.
A Role You Will Love
As an Operational Data Analyst I within SLS’s Analytics group, you’ll be responsible for producing reporting using advanced analytical techniques providing easily understood insights and recommendations to key decision makers. The right person will have strong technical skills with solid experience extracting data from a complex data environment using SQL, ability to interpret and present the findings in a simple manner using Excel and other tools. We’re looking for a highly organized self-starter who can prioritize among many competing work demands.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Building reports and analyses using SQL, Excel and closing the loop with summary and recommendations using Powerpoint and visual communication tools and methods.
- Developing and managing production of business unit specific KPIs - Track, scorecard and communicate progress and success. You’ll be energized by answering the “why” behind movement in metrics.
- Researching and reporting on ad-hoc business operations and/or client questions. You’ll participate in the presentation of results to clients and internal partners to gain valuable experience and exposure to senior level colleagues.
- Building business requirements to operationalize some of the key reports and analyses you and your colleagues have developed to drive the analytics team to a scalable organization.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
What Will You Bring to The Role?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other education and key skills required for the role include :
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years experience in an analytical or technical consulting role - preferably mortgage servicing or financial services related business
- Strong SQL skills
- Expert Excel skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excel at visualizing complex data in a manner easily understood by the non-technical audience
- Demonstrated talent for systems thinking with the proven ability to work outside the core area of expertise.
- Proven ability to develop financial and/or operational logistics models
- Experience with data mining, cleaning and manipulation through use of appropriate software
A Company to Be Proud Of
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 16,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 40,000 clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere.
Rewards You Will Love
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organizations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A Diverse and Inclusive Place to Work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
The more we value and draw upon different perspectives, the better equipped we'll be to solve the challenges of a constantly evolving business environment, and to fulfil the expectations of our customers around the world.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We’ve kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment. Face coverings will be required when in an office per the Computershare COVID-19 Policy for US Employees.
In most circumstances we are currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.