A FTSE 100 global Media brand based in Central London require an interim Compliance Manager for a 6 month contract offering a day rate of £500/day.
The role is a hybrid position requiring 1 day/week in the office and 4 days home working.
The interim Compliance Manager will be responsible for the maintenance, execution and enforcement of the Compliance Program, providing and developing the in-house compliance service that effectively supports business areas in their duty to comply with relevant laws, regulations, and internal governance; all delivered with a customer-centric mindset.
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance to design the Compliance strategic vision and organisation design whilst being responsible for decision-making, delivery, and budget.
- Provide leadership for the Compliance team (1 direct report), whilst representing the department at global Group Compliance forums/meetings.
- Developing and managing the Compliance Program working closely with the Divisional legal team, the Group Compliance function and the Group Risk function
- Manage compliance advisory process, ensuring that the business is well supported with advice on sanctions, fraud, modern slavery, copyright piracy, anti-bribery, corruption (AB&C), whistleblowing.
- Work closely with stakeholders and internal/external partners including trade partners to ensure that all compliance issues are understood because of clear policy information, supporting processes and systems; and there is an action plan to address.
- Business partnering to drive collaboration with business and building internal customer network to ensure co-design and alignment with organizational requirements.
- Developing an approach to third party due diligence (e.g. identifying a due diligence process and escalation methodology to cover key regulatory requirements)
- Supporting the legal team and the Group Compliance function in investigating and responding to Speak Up concerns, or alleged violations of rules, policies and standards of conduct relevant to the Division
- Manage and deliver compliance training and awareness activities to the business.
Skills & experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a compliance and/or legal role.
- A strong compliance background with excellent working knowledge of global anti-bribery and corruption, international trade sanctions, modern slavery and other compliance obligations.
- Previous exposure to compliance process design with a detailed understanding in compliance identification, evaluation, analysis and treatment action plan.
- Experience in leading monthly compliance reporting which leads to better outcomes because of effective communication and stakeholder management.
- Experience of building strong relationships with business leaders, managing partners to then leverage these relationships to achieve great results and integrate compliance into the wider business strategy.
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge of changes in sanctions, fraud, modern slavery, copyright piracy and anti-bribery, corruption (AB&C).
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with senior leaders across the business as well as external vendors and partners.
- A progressive and people-first management style, with a strong change management skill set.
- Influence and negotiate stakeholders with integrity and high professional ethics to drive positive change to behaviours to achieve goals.
- Strategic thinker who can understand a situation in its entirety having assessed different perspectives.
This is an exceptional 6 month contract opportunity for a Compliance Manager to lead and shape a prestigious Compliance function within a blue chip environment.
For further information and to register your interest, please do apply with your full CV details for immediate review.