Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance Officer
Legal Counsel and Risk & Compliance Officer
We love what we do, you can too
At Equatex we’re global citizens, collaborators, experts and innovators. Our culture is based on an ethos of partnership, and with us you’ll be challenged to work hard, but also be supported to reach your full potential.
Want to make a difference and influence your own work? Then get in touch with us!
Working at Equatex, you’ll find a workplace where trust and mutual understanding are highly valued, and you’ll see that we’re an employer that’s committed to doing the best for employees, clients, business partners, shareholders and our community. Our focus on customer needs drives our innovation mind-set and underlines the quality of our services. We love what we do, and at Equatex, you can too.
Equatex works with the world’s leading companies to provide cutting edge technologies, service and expertise to simplify their international compensation plans. With the latest cloud technologies and market leading financial reporting capabilities, we enable companies to deliver engaging compensation schemes across borders, languages and currencies.
Equatex is now part of the Computershare group, enabling us to continue to deliver and develop our in-depth expertise and service on a truly global scale.
What will I be doing?
- Join our Legal, Risk & Compliance team in Zurich as Legal Counsel & Risk and Compliance Officer (100%), reporting to the Head of Legal, Risk & Compliance
- Support the legal function in giving advice to internal and external stakeholders, in particular on general contract law, commercial law, IT/IP law, corporate law, banking law and data privacy law
- Support the business on legal matters (e.g. death case handling, data subject requests, review of NDAs, draft of contract amendments etc.)
- Monitor and review business processes to ensure that regulatory requirements and compliance standards are met
- Support vendor due diligence process and assessments, including preparing of corresponding reports and onsite visits
- Performing various other risk & compliance tasks such as, e.g., review of policies, preparation of regulatory reports, tracking of operational risk incidents, review and support of compliance trainings, PEP and sanction screening, supporting internal and external audit processes, access reviews etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- University law degree
- LL.M. in English or work experience in an English speaking country preferred
- At least 2 years in-house or law firm experience dealing with general contract law, commercial law, IT/IP law, corporate law, banking law and data privacy law
- Experience in banking law/FINMA regulations is a plus
- Excellent communication skills. Highly proficient in English (spoken and written), German is a plus
- Sound legal judgement and attention to detail
- Self-driven and engaging personality. Can think outside of the box, has a delivery-driven mindset and a hands-on attitude
- Team player who can thrive in dynamic and multinational environments and deal with stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
In Equatex’s Legal, Risk & Compliance team, we all work closely together and everyone helps everyone. Your broad range of tasks will give you a unique chance to work on and gain experience in all the legal and regulatory topics of a FINMA licensed securities firm.
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development along with career progression opportunities for all employees.
We also offer a competitive pension scheme and shareholder incentive plan.
A Truly Diverse Place to Work
Equatex celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone. Our team brings together individuals from around the world. We are multilingual and we value different cultures.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
More searches like this
- Compliance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Analysis Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Management Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Regulation Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe