Salary: National £41,782 - £44,932; London £45,170 - £48,566
Our Business Analysts play a crucial role in driving forward the ground-breaking change needed to achieve the future shape of HMRC and Tax administration on behalf of every citizen in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join our diverse Project Delivery community as we continue to earn our place as one of the best project delivery departments across Government.
Job vacancies: We have 19 roles available across multiple locations (Bristol, Cardiff, Croydon, East Kilbride, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Nottingham)
As a Business Analyst, you will work on large, complex products or services, or across a number of products or services simultaneously. Additionally, you may manage other Business Analysts (BAs) within your functional area.
You will be responsible for:
- Investigating business situations; identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems; defining requirements; and ensuring the effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business.
- Ensuring outcomes are aligned with HMRC’s vision and business strategy.
- Challenging constructively and acting as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Facilitating collaboration and leading effective communication with all stakeholders using modelling tools and techniques, through analysing insights. You will actively support development of business analysis best practice across the Project Delivery profession.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Requirements Engineering - Eliciting stakeholder needs and desires and developing them into an agreed-upon set of detailed requirements that can serve as a basis for all subsequent development activities.
- Process Modelling – Employ a range of tools and techniques to map ‘As-Is’ and To-Be’ business processes.
- Gap Analysis – Evaluate a range of requirements against the present state (where we are) & the target state (where we want to be) identifying opportunities to develop the business requirements
- Impact Analysis – Work closely with the Business Change Manager, analysing and understanding the potential impact on the business
- Stakeholder Management and Engagement – Develop a full range of robust stakeholder relationships.
- Assurance and Quality – Apply recognised methodologies and quality gates.
- Traceability – Ensure the delivery of change is made against a fully auditable process and that key critical success factors are identified to enable/assist with testing and assurance.
Demonstrable experience of business analysis, including process modelling and impact analysis.
A proven track record of working in a complex project environment
Ideally you will also have a recognised professional accreditation/qualification in business analysis, eg the BCS/ISEB International Diploma in Business Analysis
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Process Modelling
- Impact Analysis
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 23rd August 2022