Evelyn Partners is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group. With £56 billion of assets under management (as of November 2021), we rank as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the sixth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income (source: Accountancy Age 50+50 rankings, 2021).
We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our 3 core values:
Personal - we treat you as an individual
Partnership - we go further together
Performance - we strive for more
What will you be doing?
We are seeking a talented individual to join our Audit team in our London office. As an Audit Manager, you will be a senior member of the audit group. You will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, ensuring sound management of our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
As a Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Client Portfolio - ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other Evelyn Partners staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
- Audit work and setting budgets - act as audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers, with overall responsibility for each assignment being retained by the Partner.
- Commercial awareness of all aspects of clients' businesses and the impacts on our work.
- Management - arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
- Business/Practice Development - preparation and review of proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events, development of personal contacts and identification and pro-active development of opportunities for Evelyn Partners with current clients.
- Department Administration - monitoring of qualified and student bookings and workloads to ensure most efficient use of resources. Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
- Training and development - ensuring assessment forms completed and feedback given to staff on all jobs. Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally.
- Client billing/commercial awareness of WIP
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA).
- Significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment.
- Experience of working with entrepreneurial, OMB, SME and AIM listed clients.
- Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, Partners, staff and other professionals.
- Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance.
- Organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met.
- Monitoring costs against budget for individual clients.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependant)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.