Head of Compliance
London - £60,000- £71,410
Glasgow - £56,000- £66,481
As the UK’s regulator for the energy industry, Ofgem works on behalf of energy consumers to ensure that every household and business in the UK can rely on a safe, affordable and environmentally sustainable energy supply. Now that record increases and volatility in global gas prices have put the energy market under severe strain, we need to go further and faster in pursuing the country’s climate goals and reduce our reliance on fossil fuels.
Join us in this vital role and you’ll be one of three team managers overseeing the work of our Retail Compliance function. Your work will involve a mix of projects and casework – the focus areas for these will be determined, with your input, based on our overall organisational and directorate projects, and are likely to change over time. The areas of responsibility are therefore not fixed, though it is expected a key focus of this role would be on ensuring the compliance team reports regularly on suppliers’ compliance with certain regulatory and statutory obligations.
With a proven aptitude for leadership and strong forensic and investigatory skills, you’ll have the ability to review evidence, analysis, recommendations and options, and take appropriate decisions. It’s essential that you possess excellent project management skills, and are capable of overseeing robust processes to manage legal challenge and reputational risks. With the expertise to distil complex subject matter into relevant messages for different audiences, you’ll be ready to develop, plan and deliver work outcomes, including clear and transparent objectives, milestones and success metrics. A motivating and inspirational team leader with the ability to prioritise and communicate clearly, you’ll also be dedicated to continuous competence and improvement.
Ofgem relies on having a workforce that reflects the society we serve, so we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and especially those from underrepresented groups. While this is a full-time role, flexible working patterns and job shares are welcome. We will also support you with excellent training and development opportunities, plus a competitive benefits package.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Subsidised gym
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Rental deposit scheme
- Perkbox (staff discount scheme)
- Employee Wellbeing Programme.
More searches like this
- Advisory Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Forensic / Fraud Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom