Head of Financial Risk
We have an exciting opportunity recently arisen at Lloyds Banking Group within our Financial & Insurance Risk Team, for the Head of Financial Risk. Reporting directly to the Financial & Insurance Risk Director, you'll be responsible for promoting strong leadership to your team of experts who provide specialist financial risk insight across the Insurance, Pensions, and Investments business (IPI).
You'll work closely with the Chief Risk Officer, Insurance, the senior leadership team, IPI executives, Insurance Board, and other senior stakeholders to succeed in this role.
We're passionate about nurturing a forward-thinking, value-adding risk function and put our colleagues, customers and stakeholders and the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you and you would like to hear more, please contact David Shott for more information.
You'll be responsible for:
- Defining and leading the execution of the functions oversight plan identifying and coordinating oversight activities based on both the current and future risk profile of the business covering financial risk.
- Strong Risk management of a complex range of risk activities ensuring appropriate focus on contending priorities.
- Collaboratively working with the business to provide independent risk views, value-adding insight.
- Collaboratively working directly with our Enterprise Risk Partners in supporting them with all things related to financial risk.
- Own the Insurance Risk Appetite Framework, including development and maintenance of risk policies, risk processes, risk appetite statements and key risk indicators.
- Ensuring the provision of timely and professional independent opinions for the business, which are aligned with the function and Group policies, risk appetites and regulatory requirements and related reporting.
- Leading, motivating and developing the team to drive individual and collective performance to meet both current and future needs of the business.
What skills are we looking for?
- Experience in leading, engaging, and motivating teams across multiple offices.
- Providing strategic leadership and lateral thinking.
- A motivated self-starter, who is resilient and able to prioritise and multi-task across various activities, and as part of a small team
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to build positive relationships at all levels and adapt messaging for to suit the audience.
- High level of integrity, tenacity, and resilience.
- Ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and change with a capacity to work flexibly.
- Role models the Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours and encourages this across the function.
- An expert in financial risk, with proven experience gained within a large complex financial services organisation.
- Strong self-awareness with the desire to go above and beyond; has real drive and determination to achieve.
- Proven track record with technical experience/ understanding to successfully oversight all elements of financial Risk
- Proven experience in Financial Risk management including Solvency II capital management, insurance profitability metrics, insurance profitability reporting and profit driver of propositions / products.
- Advanced knowledge and application of risk management best practices across all risk classes within an Insurance and Banking organisation.
- Proven experience with risk identification, risk assessment, control environment assessment, risk appetite framework, risk measurement and risk planning.
The preferred way of working for this role is a hybrid approach, i.e., some time spent working from home as well as time in the office to collaborate with colleagues and optimise learning and development opportunities.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
You can expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
- Discretionary bonus and share plans
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, up to 15% maximum contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We're committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable assistance to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request assistance.
Together we make it possible!