Experienced Risk Officer, Market Risk and Reporting
Deadline for application: 25 September 2022
We are looking for an experienced risk officer with expertise in market risk and reporting to join the Risk Management division. The selected candidate will manage the risk monitoring and risk reporting processes for the ESM and EFSF, ensure and optimise the normal functioning of the risk analytical solutions, and support the normal functioning of the market risk metrics.
The selected person will report to the Head of Risk Management and to the Team Lead in Market Risk and Reporting.
The ESM is the permanent crisis resolution mechanism for euro area countries. It provides financial assistance to Members facing financing difficulties. European leaders have agreed to an expanded mandate for the ESM, which it will implement in the years ahead. The ESM will have a stronger role in the analysis of financial stability risks and design of policy measures in programmes, jointly with the European Commission; it will provide the Single Resolution Board with a financial backstop to support effective and orderly resolution of banks. In the context of the current Covid-19 crisis, the ESM has established a precautionary credit line as one important element in the joint European response to the pandemic.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 210 individuals from around the world committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. It recruits talented professionals of any nationality from both the private and public sector.
- Develop and maintain risk management architecture (risk engine, data layer, reporting solution).
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders for the proper functioning of interfaces amongst the data source systems, the risk analytical solutions, and the reporting solutions.
- Manage the execution of quality checks on the input data used for risk monitoring and reporting.
- Produce, analyse, and present risk reports for internal and external committees, the Management Board, and Board of Directors seminars.
- Actively contribute to cross departmental activities and projects.
- Investigate and provide feedback to stakeholders on changes in market risk measurements.
- Organise and execute operational tasks for the usual functioning of risk reporting and the feeding and functioning of risk analytical solutions on an ongoing basis, as needed.
- Promote a risk culture and ensure good collaboration with other divisions.
KEY BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in economics, finance, risk management, mathematics, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience in risk management/trading/operations/IT projects acquired within the financial services industry.
- Quantitative and market risk background related to fixed income risk management and valuations
- Strong experience and ability for programming in VBA and Python (Pandas)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Front office and risk management software experience (e.g., MSCI, Murex, Bloomberg)
- Fluency in English required, any additional languages are an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and collaboration oriented
- Resilience, flexibility, and adaptability to changes
- Ability to developing self and others
- Inclusive and respectful of diversity
Contract duration: Four-year fixed term contract, with possibility of extension
The ESM aims to provide equal opportunity to all candidates irrespective of their gender, nationality, age, race, culture, education, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or disability. To further enhance the diversity of our workforce, we particularly encourage women to apply.
Note 1: the ESM reserves the right to refrain from hiring, or to slightly modify job responsibilities, as needed.
Note 2: As a result of the selection process, please note that you may be placed on a ‘reserve list’ valid for a duration of six months during which you might be considered for a similar position with a similar level of requirements. Only those candidates who have been notified will be placed on the ‘reserve list’. After this period, you will need to apply again for our vacancies to be considered for a different selection process.