Trainee Chartered Accountant (Graduate)
Role: Trainee (Graduate) - Level 7 Apprentice
Department: Assurance & Business Services (Audit)
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Evelyn Partners
Evelyn Partners is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet client needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management and delivering presentations.
What will you be doing?
Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders on their financial performance, even where a full audit isn't necessary, appropriate, or required by law. The team you'll be joining provides wide-reaching financial advisory services to international clients across a number of industries and a diverse client base, ranging from small businesses and family enterprise start-ups to non-profit organisations.
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team you could be working directly with managing and financial directors in different working environments at their own offices, checking that numbers stack up with fact. This means providing advice and solutions that really make a difference. You will also have exposure to working with partners gaining invaluable experience and building your confidence with senior members of staff.
Many of our audits last just one or two weeks, which means you'll quickly gain exposure to a variety of businesses. You'll also build valuable client experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective auditor and trusted business adviser. Alongside your work, you'll receive first-class professional training as you study for the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
As our Trainee your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Keeping seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems
- Becoming familiar with our audit and accounting software
- Resolving queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Committed and motivated to studying towards the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification on a level 7 Apprenticeship
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
What training and development will you receive?
Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year you'll be taking on a more senior role with smaller clients and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees and as your experience grows, you may have opportunities to experience other assignments such as control reviews and due diligence projects. You will also receive internal training from our dedicated learning and development team.
Additionally, you will achieve the Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
Here's what our trainees have to say about our Audit trainee programme…
"The audit manager will always need to review my work, which could lead to discussions with the manager or other members of the audit team which helps to create a constructive atmosphere for self-development. The audit partner will also need to review my work after the manager which could lead to discussions with the partner too."
"The wider range of clients and accounting experience really does improve your overall knowledge and understanding of the profession to help you become a well-rounded accountant by the time you qualify."
"Being able to work at a client's office enables you to experience different business cultures, and operational approaches. Learning these whilst on the job can really help you understand where you would like to place yourself in the future."
Evelyn Partners recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Evelyn Partners we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.
More searches like this
- External Auditor Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Graduate / Trainee Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Assistant Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom