Senior IT Internal Auditor
An award-winning American financial technology corporation are seeking to expand their internal Technology Audit function. They are looking for an AVP (Assistant Vice President) Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor who join their Finance team.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity based in Denver, Colorado. The Senior IT Internal Auditor will be responsible for supporting the Company’s successful execution of its internal audit, and compliance (notably SOX) assessment programs. The role serves as a subject-matter specialist whose purpose is to plan, coordinate, execute and report IT-related internal audits in accordance with the Company’s internal audit methodology and the IIA Standards. The ideal candidate is a pro-active, motivated individual and a team player who is comfortable working with ambiguity.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the execution and formal reporting of scheduled internal audits, delivering the work on time and in accordance with the companies internal audit methodology and the IIA Standards
- Perform detailed research and planning for audits and participate in the IT risk assessment process and development of the IT audit plan for assigned entities
- Proactively communicate with business partners/management throughout the audit to keep them informed of audit progress and agree findings and accountabilities for management action plans (e.g., update/closing meetings, track remediation to completion
- Take the lead in drafting audit reports/findings or assisting IA management in drafting the audit report including meaningful recommendations for management to mitigate the identified risk
- Adherence to and application of the business' legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested
To be successful with your application, you will have:
- University degree, preferably in IT, Data Analytics or Information Security. Advanced degree or certification (e.g. CISA, CCAK/CCSP, CISSP) or ability to obtain within a year of hire
- 3+ years of related experience with a top-tier consulting or public accounting firm in one of the following three areas are required:
- Execution of Information Systems audits, including Application, Platform, Cloud-based and IT General Controls; or conducting information security assessments, reviewing Service Organization Control (SOC) reports or implementing information security controls; or practical experience using data analytics tools and developing audit use cases
- Knowledge and practical application of risk-based IT auditing and risk management gained through experience at a leading audit firm or from relevant industry experience
- Detailed understanding of SOX/IT internal controls testing methodologies, risk assessment practices, the COSO framework, PCAOB standards, SOC reporting, NIST CSF/800-53 standards
What you will benefit from working for the company:
- Base salary on offer ranges between $90,000 and $115,000 per year
- Great, well-known company to work for (will look amazing on your resume)
- Hybrid working if you wish, very good work-life balance, flexible working hours, encouragement to exercise during the day
- Great work environment, agile way of working, strong experts in their field, good culture
- Focus on training and development and knowledge sharing, lots of room to grow (personally & professionally), Personal Development budget
- One of the best benefits packages on the market which includes: Thrift/401(k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Wellness Center, On-Site and Virtual Fitness Center, Employee Assistance Program, Charitable Giving and so much more…
Apply now if you wish to find out more about this opportunity!