Audit & Accounts Supervisor
An extremely successful accountancy practice is recruiting for an Audit & Accounts Supervisor to join the friendly and dynamic audit & accounts team based in Maidenhead. The firm is currently operating a hybrid, flexible working pattern.
This role is available due to continued growth and the department’s success in continuing to win new audit business, and as such, the primary focus of the role will be audit work.
This rapidly growing firm would consider candidates who are currently working as a Senior looking for the first step into a supervisory/management role.
The key purpose of this role will be to prepare accounting, business tax and audit work which significantly contributes to the final client deliverable and also to coach and develop less experienced team members to completion of their work through on the job training.
Reporting to the Audit Director, as Audit & Accounts Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising less experienced team members with audit work, both on client site and in the office
- Undertake the day-to-day communications with the client to obtain necessary information and resolve queries in data provided
- Preparation of period end financial statements for companies (including consolidation and group accounts), using the firm’s preferred software applications with minimal review points from the manager
- Preparation of business tax computations including adjustments for enhanced expenditure (e.g. R&D), loans to participators and computations for investment and property rental businesses
- Ability to complete all fieldwork sections of an audit file including assisting fellow team members and attendance of stock takes Involvement in ad-hoc project work (internal and client) applying accounting, tax and audit skills to different situations (e.g. budgets and forecasts)
- Assist more junior team members with audit field work and the completion of period end assignments and undertake first review of less experienced team members’ work
- Work to agreed timetables and regular communication of progress to more senior colleagues
- Develop knowledge through selection of relevant CPD
- Apply regulatory, legal, professional and ethical standards relating to engagements
The firm’s Audit Director would like to see CVs of candidates with the following profile:
- Be ACA / ACCA / CA qualified (first time passes preferred)
- Having gained experience in a similar role within a practice environment
- Strong grasp of current, up-to-date accounting standards, auditing standards and business tax compliance
- Good computer skills, MS Office applications - Word, Excel, Outlook, Xero certified Knowledge of IRIS/CaseWare preferred but not essential
- Ability and desire to help less experienced team members to assist in their development
- Experience of working effectively within a cohesive team Acute attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Commitment to learning with a passion for listening and learning new skills
- Ability to communicate and ask for help were required
- Be confident and able to work individually
- Good organisation skills and able to manage deadlines and workload prioritisation
If successful, you will be offered a competitive salary, depending upon experience, a good benefits package, a friendly, supportive working environment, hybrid and flexible working patterns and the opportunity for career progression.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Audit & Accounts Supervisor role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Apply for Audit & Accounts Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom