Senior Audit Manager (DfE)
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) are an Executive Agency of HM Treasury and a specialist provider of internal audit and counter fraud and investigation services to government.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Audit Manager who will lead a GIAA team delivering parts of our audit of the Department for Education (DfE). You will lead a team which may vary in size over time, with responsibility for a range of audits and assignments. Work can be highly complex and high profile, with considerable stakeholder liaison.
With access to high profile work, you will work alongside key decision makers, audit specialists and private sector contractors within the Agency, challenging and developing your skills as well as ensuring we meet our customer expectations.
The impact of this role is at the Permanent Secretary/CEO and Director-General levels and it has wide-reaching and long-term impacts on governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
We offer support in maintaining and building your professional career through technical training, coaching and development opportunities and you will be entitled to a formidable range of benefits from generous pension provision, embracing of flexible work patterns, diversity and security.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage effectively with senior stakeholders to support the identification and management of key risks and to promote effective governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
- Deliver the Audit Plans in line with quality, time and budget requirements to support robust assurance opinions and other agreed stakeholder requirements.
- Lead very high risk or complex audit assignments.
- Deliver robust, evidence-based, independent assurance opinions to clients and Audit Committees in accordance with the agreed timetables. Support the GCIA in providing an opinion on the system of internal control. Lead continuous improvement activities to improve audit practices, products and customer service.
- Ensure the whole team are compliant with professional standards and compliance with GIAA’s single audit methodology and audit management software.
- Lead people to manage, recognise and reward good performance; promote personal and professional development; nurture and manage talent. Act promptly on feedback and issues. Promote equality and diversity.
Benefits of working for GIAA include:
- Competitive salary and in year rewards
- Flexible working
- Civil Service pension
- Season ticket loan and Cycle to Work schemes
- Family friendly HR policies
- 25 days annual leave
Government Internal Audit Agency has a strong commitment to equality and diversity and we are a Disability Confident employer. Our aim is to be a department which is open and accessible, recruiting and retaining diverse, talented and high-performing people who support and develop one another.
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the principle of appointment based on fair and open competition and appointment on merit, as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with these principles and you wish to make a complaint, you should in the first instance contact by email.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can contact the Civil Service Commission, which regulates all Civil Service recruitment.