Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the primary purpose of the role is to provide day to day support to the Internal Audit Department’s activities, which encompass the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group’s governance, risk management process, systems of internal control, and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities to achieve the organization's stated goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the operation of an effective internal audit function.
- Assist with developing, maintaining and executing a proportionate risk-based audit plan.
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting on the certification of internal controls
- Assisting the audit department conducting internal audit work and fraud investigations as requested by Senior Management or the Audit Committee.
- Perform all aspects of Internal Audit engagements including planning, fieldwork, testing, concluding findings and reporting to the HIA.
- Either assist or conduct closing meetings with auditee, communicating findings in an effective manner and agreeing on actions to address.
- Monitor all agreed actions resulting from audit reports and ensure that regular reminders are sent and that deadlines are met.
- Assist with reporting on the impact of any major audit findings where management has decided to assume the risk because of cost or other considerations.
- Maintain good communication and relationship with management and the business.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA or IIA) and preferably ACII certified
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in external and internal auditing in (re)insurance or a financial services environment
- A sound working knowledge of the International standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act with proven SOX compliance experience
- A high level of discretion, credibility and interpersonal abilities when interacting with senior management and operation managers
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building strong, trusting relationships with business operations, while remaining independent and objective