Internal Audit Manager
Looking to accelerate your career within a FTSE organisation offering excellent opportunity for progression
As part of a team, you will contribute to delivering individual audits, and the associated reports, in order to provide assurance to the Audit Committee, that risks are managed within risk appetite. In turn this role will support the business in delivering shareholder value via their strategic objectives, by ensuring control gaps are identified, and remediated.
Key responsibilities include
- Operational delivery of audit activities working within a team and with wider members of the organisation.
- Manage the activity of others on specific audit assignments.
- Contribute to department initiatives e.g. methodology enhancements
- Take a lead role on specific audit assignments and deliver to schedule and to the required quality standards on all assignments.
- Primarily focus on financial services and customer conduct risks, in areas such as customer journey, consumer protection, complaints, investigations, regulatory compliance
- Appropriate use of escalation to produce high quality deliverables.
Being a qualified Accountant/ Auditor you will have hands on experience of working within a regulated entity with a customer conducts focus, to have credibility when challenging the business.
Additional skills include
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal communications,
- Confident in manipulating data to drive audit insight and efficiency
- Able to understand, identify and clearly articulate risks and controls
- Robust and independent mind-set with the confidence to raise issues appropriately.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Potential to lead small teams and manage smaller groups of people.
- Ambitious with a genuine passion for broadening your knowledge of auditing, risk management and controls.