Unclaimed Property Audit Specialist (Louisville, KY)
This position is currently remote for those that are located near 462 South Fourth Street, Louisville, KY 40202. The intention is for this position to eventually become a Hybrid model in the future.
We give you a world of potential
Are you an organized person that likes to be detailed while doing research?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for someone to be a part of a team and contribute their talents as an Unclaimed Property (UCP) Audit Specialist. This is a great way for you to deliver unparalleled customer service while contributing your talents in a company that is a global leader in stakeholder communications. Here you can truly help people while growing in a an ever-evolving financial company.
A role you will love
The Unclaimed Property Audit Specialist is a great position for work-life balance with weekends off and regular day time hours Monday-Friday. As-long-as you have the acumen for this position, Computershare will engage you in on-the-job training to help you be successful.
In this position, you will be a fantastic resource to Computershare by working closely with Relationship Managers and relevant internal stakeholders to ensure all activities dealing with unclaimed property is addressed and responded to, in order to meet states and client’s deadlines.
Computershare will train you on how to create reports to give to the states of the properties that have been handed over (escheated). As a specialist, you will also be taught the proper process in sending out due diligence to the shareholders and how to support the overall project management of the audit including tracking progress, completing shareholder account data extraction, analysis and data file delivery to support the audits.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Track all client and state audit requests utilizing an internal logging system. Determine approach of the audit and what support and research tasks needs to be completed.
- Monitor and insure that all data and documentation for the Unclaimed Property audit process, is extracted, reviewed and accurately prepared for the audit with regards to state reporting criteria.
- Prepare and mail due diligence notices, debit property due, create state required National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) format file of escheated shareholders, reconcile, and deliver property to the state and prepare final report for the issuer/holder.
- Work with all levels of internal and external contacts, including the Computershare Legal Department regarding the UCP laws and state statutes.
- Work with Clients, Relationship Management, and Plan Managers on the final delivery of UCP audit information as required or requested.
What will you bring to the role?
As you probably gathered by now, the Unclaimed Property (UCP) Audit Specialist is responsible for the day to day delivery of high quality UCP auditing services.
Other key skills required for the role include
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable with Excel
- Likes working with a team yet able to work independently when needed
- Strong internet searching and researching experience
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Previous experience working in a financial institution (preferred)
- Previous experience with unclaimed properties (preferred)
- Internal Experience (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred).
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 40,000 clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotential
Rewards designed for you
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work . Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We’ve kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment. Face coverings will be required when in an office per the Computershare COVID-19 Policy For US Employees. We will let you know if there are applicable state and local laws on vaccination and/or testing.
In most circumstances we are currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in United States
- External Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in United States
- Internal Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in United States
- Other Technology, ICT & Telecoms $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in United States