Senior Operational Risk Manager
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* has been mandated on an exciting Senior Risk opportunity for an established Financial Services brand, to work across all areas of non-financial operational risk management.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced risk or governance professional to join a large business that would offer group exposure (as opposed to being siloed to one specialist area).
You will work across a wide range of non-financial risks including, but not exclusive to, operational resilience, financial markets infrastructure, business continuity and recovery, financial crime, compliance (including sanctions), reputational risk, new market products and sustainability risk.
Other assignments will include RCAs (deep dive) risk events, risk framework assessments.
This is a business facing role offering direct interaction with major C-Suite individuals as well as having opportunities to attend various forums including steering committees, as well as regulatory and transactional reporting forums. As such it is essential you can build successful stakeholder relationships across a wide variety of business units and be able to translate theory into reality.
- Support the Group Head of Risk for Capital Markets and CRO to identify, assess, manage and monitor their risks against the risk appetite approved by the Board to ensure the delivery of the Groups' strategic plan.
- Identify key risks related to integration of new business units, companies or through reorganization and recommend and /or facilitate the integration solutions that will allow the division to maintain a strong control environment.
- Support the preparation of the consolidated risk profile of the division for presentation to senior management, relevant entity boards and risk committees.
- Work with the risk champions within the different business units and ensure there are kept up to date on new risks and new risk management tools.
- Support the preparation of the consolidated risk profile of the business divisions for presentation to senior management, relevant entity boards and risk committees.
- Work alongside the business to ensure risk mitigating actions are put in place and are effective.
- Produce reports and analysis for Group Risk governance committees, including creation of new ad hoc reports. All information should be accurate, in a well-structured format, and delivered within the agreed time frames.
- Oversight and monitoring of compliance with policies, including the development of key risk indicators, assurance testing and other metrics to allow a determination of the level of compliance with polices throughout the Group.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Minimum of degree level qualification
- Ideal candidate will have worked in the financial services sector and have a good understanding of regulatory requirements in the UK financial industry
- Risk, compliance and internal audit backgrounds will be considered
- Knowledge of UK financial services regulatory regime and relevant policies and controls
- Must have excellent communication skills and be keen to collaborate across the Group, with a global view on problem solving
- Strong use of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel. DBA / SQL knowledge also desirable but not mandatory.
- Practical understanding of business technology risks is beneficial
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk*
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Manager Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Advisory Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom