Information Security & Compliance Officer
Coventry University Group is a global education group with a mission of Creating Better Futures. Over two centuries, we have flourished in Coventry and now also deliver access to our range of high-quality education and services through bases in London, Scarborough, Belgium, Poland, Egypt, Dubai, Singapore, Africa and China.
Coventry University Group does not stand still – innovation is part of the DNA here – and we are always looking to improve everything we do. We are looking for an Information Security and Compliance Officer to join us at the Digital Services (Coventry University Enterprise) and support the division in facilitating the goals and ambitions of the University.
Working within Information Security and Digital Compliance, you will be responsible for improving Information Security awareness, behaviour and culture within Coventry University, this will be achieved via stakeholder engagement and the delivery of awareness programmes.
This role is more information security compliance and stakeholder focussed than technical, focusing on delivering key messages through a variety of creative communication methods and learning styles.
You will be a strong communicator and influencer who has an interest in Information Security and with a passion to learn more. The role will oversee and implement Information Security learning and awareness activities, along with the management of the digital platforms that supports this learning for the Coventry University Group both within the UK and overseas.
You will create and update internal Information Security awareness platforms, webpage content, and provide timely updates related to information security within the University Group, as such you will be comfortable with webpage creation and digital content management.
This varied and engaging governance, risk, and compliance role will work closely with existing front line support teams to ensure information security incidents are managed, owned, and resolved within service level
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raising security awareness by selecting, customising and posting content on a dedicated security training platform.
- Overseeing the gathering of data to satisfy Freedom of Information and Data Subject Access Requests.
- Delivers support and advice to individuals within the University Group regarding information security incidents and any associated risks.
- The reviewing and auditing of information security and related processes to identify weaknesses and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Coordination of incident mitigation or remedial actions associated with information security incidents.
- Responsibility for the continuous process improvement of information security related knowledgebase and digital content.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to raise information security awareness by developing training materials.
- Experience of organising resources and preparing for external assessments and audits, such as ISO 27001 or Cyber Essentials Plus
- Strong communication, listening, and information gathering skills
- Ability to manage tasks and activities related to information security.
- Experience of editing digital content, and using tools such as SharePoint to create information security related webpages
We offer an industry leading rewards and benefits package that includes a generous pension scheme, excellent holiday allowances, cycle to work and so much more!
More searches like this
- Compliance Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cyber Security Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom