Financial Services Audit Manager
Meraki Talent are working closely with one of Scotland’s oldest Accountancy firms on the role of Financial Services Audit Manager.
The firm are currently experiencing a fantastic period of growth within their Financial Services division. This division has grown substantially over the last few years and as a result now can add an additional manager into the team.
The role will focus on the audit of general FS businesses, funds, and listed investment trusts.
- Plan, manage, delegate, and completion of Audit work on behalf of clients.
- Be the main contact for clients on all audit matters.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, client’s staff and be seen as an ambassador for the firm.
- Ensure deadlines are adhered to, and work is monitored, and senior management and client are kept informed.
- Maintain up to date technical and legislative knowledge.
- Provide constant advice and support within the team and your client portfolio.
- Manage a team of Audit staff to achieve objectives, ensuring they are developing their skills and capabilities.
- Work closely with the audit team to ensure audit work is handled efficiently and effectively from planning to completion and in accordance with the Firm's Audit policy.
Due to the seniority of the role, the firm are offering fantastic pay and benefits package which can be discussed and flexed on dependent on the individual status of each applicant.
The firm understand the competitive nature of the Audit market and are willing to be extremely flexible to ensure they secure the top talent into this position.
Due to the nature of the industry being Financial Services the ideal candidate would be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow with London a potential option also. Candidates based outside of Edinburgh and Glasgow are open to apply if an agreement can be made on travel to the Central belt of Scotland.
The role would be well suited to a current established Big 4 Audit Senior or Assistant Manager, but this is not essential. A solid background within FS Audit and in particular Asset Management and Investment Trusts is key.
Individuals who have left Practice to work within a similar Industry role i.e., Asset Management firm and would be interested in a return to Audit are welcomed to apply.
For full information and confidential chat regarding this exciting and rare opportunity, please contact Dean Gorrie at Meraki Talent.