Audit & Accounts Manager
Meraki Talent are delighted to be supporting with the appointment of a permanent Accounts & Audit Manager for our Accountancy client in Glasgow.
This Accountancy Firm have evolved significantly over the past decade to become one of the most modern and cutting-edge Firms in today’s market. It has a significant market share and presence across its local area which is attributed to its exceptionally talented workforce, strategic planning, and adoption of new technologies & methodologies to now be labelled a trend setter within the
The majority of the Audit work will be review work and your role will be split 70% Accounts based and 30% Audit. The Accounts & Audit Manager will manage and develop a commercial portfolio of clients covering several sectors including technology, FMCG, food & drink etc. The role of Accounts & Audit Manager will encompass General Practice duties as well as leading a team of Assistants and Seniors.
Ideally you will be a forward-thinking individual who can embrace technology with strong IT skills and experience in using accounts and tax software packages. Candidates will ideally be ICAS/ACCA qualified, or with similar levels of experience.
This role would suit an individual looking to take the next step in their career from Senior or Assistant Manager grade in a Practice environment or someone with relevant and transferable skills and experience looking to make a transition.
The position is based in Glasgow and will provide the following benefits:
- £40,000 - £50,000 base salary
- Company pension
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Other company benefits & perks
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Managing and growing a highly commercial portfolio of clients across several sectors including technology, FMCG, food and drink etc
- Assisting clients & staff with Cloud software packages
- Business partnering with business owners, leadership teams and senior finance professionals
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring clients met their statutory and regulations deadlines & requirements
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Assisting with recommendations and helping to provide clients with detailed action plans
- Managing the profitable completion of a portfolio of client work including year end and management accounts, personal & corporate Tax, VAT, management accounts, budgets, and forecasts, liaising with Specialists across the business ensuring strong communication links at all times
- Reviewing the work of junior staff, providing business critical feedback, and sharing best practice
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues via face-to-face meetings with client site visits and telephone/video calls
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Experience of working in Practice (Accountancy firm) - Essential
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW or equivalent or qualified through experience
- Strong experience with Cloud software packages
- Ability to engage, interact and influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills