HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Environmental Sustainability LeaderLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will undertake varied projects assigned to develop, implement, manage, and monitor aspects of the Sustainability program that support the Engineering Technical Authority (ETA) and conservation reduction and target achievements. Responsibilities include:
- Implementation, coordination and advancement of existing and emerging Sustainability programs and initiatives.
- Coordinating all project work necessary to deliver the annual Amgen Environmental Sustainability Report and data assurance
- Analyze, set strategy and implement Sustainability program aspects.
- Drive program implementation necessary to provide transparent reporting to meet external partner expectations to promote a positive company image.
- Contribute to broader Sustainability initiatives by collaborating with Amgen business units, site, and functional committees to deliver results through influence and communicating effectively with clients.
- Providing periodic updates and analysis on the 2027 Amgen Sustainability Plan progress to internal partners including the Operating Team, Operations Leadership Team, Compliance Council, Sustainability Council and the Corporate ESG Committee
- Developing responses to external surveys, questionnaires or analyses related to Environmental Sustainability performance.
- Advancing integration of Sustainability into Amgens business and advancing Amgens Sustainability Culture
- Analyze, recommend, and implement conservation opportunities
- Develop and lead key projects, ETA program aspects, and any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director
- Collect and analyze Sustainability data
- Partner with functional and site management to develop and implement Sustainability plans
- Integrate, trends, data and information into overall Sustainability program plans, deliverables and recommendations based on data
- Evaluate proposed and completed conservation project business cases to validate environmental benefit
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation to satisfy any audit requirements
- Create and implement educational campaigns and activities that promote environmental stewardship
- Support and work with ESG Committee members, business units, functions, or sites as necessary or assigned
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Environmental Sustainability professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of EHS experience OR Masters degree & 6 years of EHS experience OR Bachelors degree & 8 years of EHS experience OR Associate's degree and 10 years of EHS experience OR HSD/GED and 12 years of EHS experience
- 12 or more years of experience developing and supporting Sustainability programs or other technical programs.
- Effective and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Program development and project management skills.
- Experience with environmental sustainability, waste reduction/minimization, resource conservation, and corporate social responsibility efforts preferable.
- Experience with data system development and management.
- Understanding of Chemistry and Biology.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.