Audit Senior Manager - International
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our audit entities’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our audit entities, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
The entrepreneurial businesses we work with trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from the exciting work you’ll be exposed to whilst simultaneously building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing your own tasks, but you’ll also be confident collaborating with others, communicating regularly with senior managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners to enable us to serve the businesses we work with effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to the businesses we work with.
You’ll be someone with:
- ACCA/ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including clients with international interests. Previous audit management experience in practice – proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing of complex financial statement areas, including consolidations, group audits, and review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Project Management experience of large, complex engagements, or a large portfolio of smaller engagements, ideally with some cross border element.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting
- Business development experience - able to evidence robust commercial and financial management of a portfolio of clients, as well as ability to identify and convert opportunities to sell work. Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
You’ll also be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support to the businesses we work with and people when we’re side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help the businesses we work with reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom