Audit Quality Improvement Senior Manager – London/Flexible Working
Our client is the leading challenger firm to the Big Four and the spotlight from all regulators and in particular the FRC, continues to intensify as the firm takes on ever larger and more complex audits.
The firm is subject to several external regulator reviews from the FRC (AQR) and PCAOB and, internally, the firm conducts annual audit quality monitoring across all the firm’s audit work.
In the continually changing and strengthening audit regulatory environment, improving audit quality is a key strategic priority for the firm’s leadership who are supporting a significant investment in their newly established Audit Quality Improvement Team
This is a role where you can have a real impact in improving the firm’s audit quality.
The role will provide the individual with a unique insight into the areas of audit quality concern and best practice being identified by Regulators and enable these to be quickly reflected in the firm’s internal audit quality monitoring. This will ensure that the firm’s own monitoring reflects the robustness of the Regulator so that audit quality improvements can be made more quickly. You will actively contribute to helping the firm improve the consistency of its overall audit quality.
The role will involve a combination of both:
- Internal quality monitoring - reviewing completed AQR in-scope audits, assessing the quality of audit work and its compliance with auditing standards and the firm’s internal policies and procedures and discussing any quality findings with RIs and audit teams with a view to agreeing actions to achieve improvement.
- Regulator review support - providing support to audit teams undergoing an external Regulator review (principally AQR) to help them navigate the requirements. You will review the selected audit file and support the team in responding to the Regulator’s informal verbal queries, drafting written responses to the Regulator’s formal queries and findings, including helping to develop the specific actions to address the findings raised.
You will report to the Directors within the regulatory support and audit quality monitoring teams. The role will provide the individual with a high profile within the firm as, in the main, you will be dealing with audit RIs across the country and reporting to the firm’s senior management.
Other aspects of the role will include:
- Collating examples of audit quality findings and good practice to share with the audit stream
- Assisting with audit quality communications including both presenting on calls and writing newsletter articles
- Taking part in root cause analysis investigations to help identify the cause of why findings arise
- Undertaking ad hoc audit quality projects including thematic reviews, reviewing audit files where there has been a risk report and supporting the Firm.
- International audit quality programme to drive audit quality improvements across the international network
- Participation from time to time in other team activities
You will have an excellent understanding of auditing standards and practice and be able to challenge and advise teams on audit approach and discuss the most appropriate responses to questions posed by the Regulator. They will ideally have had audit experience to senior manager or experienced manager level on the audit of listed or other public interest entities. The individual will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing. This will include being able to converse with individuals of all levels within the firm and with regulators.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- As this role will involve reviewing completed audit files in the scope of AQR review for quality purposes, experience as an audit manager is essential and experience of AQR scope audits is preferrable
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage
- Ability to be objective and sceptical and to have confidence to challenge more senior members of an audit team
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including an ability to communicate difficult messages
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
More searches like this
- Compliance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)