Data Management/Quality Manager
As the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial bank we realise that our data is a significant business differentiator and plays a pivotal role in achieving our sustainable growth ambitions.
We're looking to further adopt sophisticated approaches to how we utilise data to interact with and service our customers backed with a £3bn investment programme.
The Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) is critical in embedding these new capabilities across the Group - supporting with delivering today and preparing us for the future.
The CDAO serves as a Centre of Excellence and delivery partner, bringing a diverse mix of people, skills, frameworks and standard methodology to support the Group in handling our data effectively to generate insights and value.
Together we'll make it possible...
About the role:
You'll help lead and deliver Data Quality initiatives to drive the group-wide Data & Analytics Strategy through the Data Foundations Programme.
Primarily you'll be responsible for supporting processes to define data quality requirements, standards, rules and controls consistently across business areas and change programmes.
You'll also have responsibility for monitoring and publishing the Group's data quality dashboard, highlighting data quality issues and other relevant data management metrics and work with partners to agree the remediation of issues.
You're specific role will focus on supporting business areas to develop their Data Management practices with a particular focus upon Data Quality, Metadata Management & Data Governance activities.
So you have a real opportunity to help our Group to overcome our data issues and build relationships with a host of interesting areas of the business as a result!
You'll get to support (and deputise for) Senior Managers to help develop, embed and monitor the adoption of our data quality framework and ensure the appropriate capabilities (tools, training, and processes) are in place.
Finally you'll deliver appropriate oversight where required to certify that data risk management activity is effective across the organisation so that our highly-prized data value outcomes can be achieved.
So what experience & skills do I need to apply?
We like people who come from diverse but relevant industry backgrounds, however as a minimum to be considered you'll have the following:
- Experience in prior Data Management roles
- Good knowledge of Data Quality, Data Management, Data Governance & Metadata
- Prior experience of data reporting and basic reporting skills
- Strong partner management and relationship nurturing skills with the ability to lead, syndicate and achieve organisational change
In terms of personal qualities we look for people comfortable being given rough guidance then planning their own work across various initiatives autonomously.
We desire strong written and verbal skills and seek people who enjoy problem-solving with data.
And in return
This is a fantastic area of the bank, full of down-to-earth people passionate about data and sharing their expertise. As Data underpins so many important initiatives, it's a key area to work with huge career potential.
Offering hybrid working patterns (2-3 days in either our London or Bristol hub) we believe that a healthy work/ life balance is as important as the work we deliver, just let us know what might work for you...
We're also passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. And, being disability positive, reasonable adjustments can be accommodated in our Recruitment process.
We're simply committed to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Competitive salary (Bristol to c£58k, London to c£69k) with discretionary annual bonus
- A Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits (or take as cash)
- Private Medical Insurance and a generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- Share plans, including free shares
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
So if you have the skills we're seeking then we'd love to hear from you...
More searches like this
- Advisory Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Quality Assurance Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Other Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Analytics Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Data Analytics Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)