Senior Manager - Ethical Standards - Leading UK Audit Firm - Flexible on Location
As senior ethics manager, you will be involved in ensuring that our client, a leading UK audit firm, operates within a sound ethical environment, is up-to-date and protected in the areas of audit independence and other ethical matters, both in relation to the UK environment and internationally.
The role would suit a manager who has previously worked in a role applying ethical standards or a similar regulatory framework, or a qualified accountant who has worked in audit. Previous knowledge of independence regulations and their impact on non-audit services would be beneficial.
You should enjoy carrying out detailed analysis of laws and regulations with an ability to then apply the relevant information in varied practical and complex situations. The role involves significant interaction with the firms’ partners and manager group and therefore the successful candidate will also have to explain the issues identified to a wide range of individuals including those at a senior level within a professional practice.
- Responding to ethical and independence queries and consultations from partners and members of staff from across the firm where they relate to non-audit services. This involves regular contact with senior members of the firm and resolving their queries accurately, seeking further guidance where necessary.
- Supporting the Ethics Director and Ethics Partner in the design and implementation of systems and controls and in delivering the overall ethics function’s strategy.
- Assisting more junior members of the team in projects and in responding to queries.
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s ethical and independence guidance generally.
- Developing learning materials on ethical matters and carrying out training.
- Assisting the Ethics Director and Ethics Partner in responding to regulator queries.
- Writing articles and other materials on ethical matters for internal and external communications.
- Relevant experience in a similar position applying ethical standards or a similar regulatory framework. Or qualified accountant with some experience of audit and independence.
- An awareness of the ICAEW Code of Ethics and the Financial Reporting Council’s Ethical Standard for auditors would be beneficial but is not compulsory. Understanding of regulation and how to interpret and apply rules in a practical way.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
- Willingness to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
- Strong coaching and people management skills.
- Strong project management, analytical, consultative, decision making and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals.
- A conscientious and thorough approach with strong attention to detail.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- An ability to develop further knowledge of the rules, policies, and procedures.
- Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving our service to internal clients.
More searches like this
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- ESG & Sustainability Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom