ESG and Investment Regulatory Risk Manager
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
With over five million customers, and having celebrated our 200th anniversary in 2015, Scottish Widows is one of the UK's most trusted Life, Pensions and Investments providers. We want to ensure this success continues and grows, and in Insurance we contribute to this success by providing critical services to our customers and supporting them with their Insurance needs, whilst ensuring the customer is at the heart of our business.
At Scottish Widows, we recognise that environmental, social and governance factors such as climate change are some of the biggest issues facing society today. We're proud to be part of Lloyds Banking Group, who are taking the initiative in supporting a greener economy, and we can make a real difference to tackling these challenges by helping to finance a greener and more prosperous future together.
As a leading pension provider in the UK with c.£190bn in pensions and investments, Scottish Widows is looking after the retirement savings of millions of hard-working people. Given the nature of the products we offer, our goal is to help secure financial futures for our customers and so it is imperative we understand the implications of ESG issues. Where we believe these factors pose downside risk to investments or offer potential upside opportunities, we incorporate them into our investment decision making.
As ESG and Investment Regulatory Risk Manager you'll play a major role in interpreting regulatory requirements and providing an advisory service to the Investment and Finance teams. You'll also ensure compliance with applicable ESG and investment related requirements, whilst supporting divisional investment strategy and the embedding of climate risk management processes.
You'll report to the Head of Function within the Investment, Risk and Regulation team, which is part of Customer & Business Risk. Investment Risk and Regulation focusses on Investments, providing regulatory and end-to-end risk insight, guidance, and assurance, encouraging the delivery of improved and more sustainable customer and business outcomes.
- Support investment teams with SME-level insight through interpretation, implementation, and ongoing compliance with regulatory change. This will include compliance with various external codes including the FRC's Stewardship Code.
- Support the Responsible Investments team through governance of external fund managers, policy development and ongoing compliance in support of strategic initiatives.
- Lead on ESG related regulatory and business change projects, working closely with relevant colleagues to provide robust ESG and regulatory risk support.
- Proactively identify relevant emerging regulations and associated risks to the business via regulatory horizon scanning and socialise output with all relevant partners
- Lead engagement with trade bodies and internal/external parties on ESG matters.
- Support the Investment, Risk and Regulation Team on investment-related compliance activity and business change projects, working closely with members of the group to provide regulatory risk support.
- Develop a strong network of internal and external partners to support ESG developments for Scottish Widows' Investment activities.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding and appreciation of competitor activity in Responsible Investment field, emerging themes, and regulatory developments to inform Scottish Widows' own activity and to feed into the business as appropriate.
- Develop expertise and credibility in ESG Regulation that is recognised inside and outside the Group and supports an increase in profile of activity and delivery towards our aim to be a leader in sustainability.
Specific skills, knowledge and experience we're looking for:
- Deep knowledge of ESG and investment-related regulations and codes impacting Insurance businesses including experience of working with FCA and PRA handbooks and existing ESG regulations such as SS3/19, PS21/24, EU Taxonomy
- Solid understanding of investment practice and, specifically, integration of ESG gained from working in an insurance, asset management, consultancy or regulatory environment
- Ability to navigate the regulatory environment and communicate important matters with all relevant partners.
- Collaboration skills - ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external partners and ensure successful outcomes on ESG developments.
- Good communication - written and oral including writing committee papers and presenting to senior leaders.
- Organisational change - Able to utilise effective methods of managing projects and programmes within time and budget constraints.
- Organisational awareness - ability to quickly gain awareness of a large and complex organisational structure and products.
- Analysis - able to structure and complete complex analysis to inform evidence-based decision making.
Location and Ways of Working
Our team is based in our Edinburgh and London hubs; therefore, we'll need you to be based a commutable distance from one of these sites. We work in a hybrid model, splitting our time between the office and working from home.
What we can we offer you?
In addition to base salary, we'll give you a remuneration packages which includes:
- A discretionary performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of LBG means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So, if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
More searches like this
- Risk Management Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom