Data Analytics Specialist
Data Analytics Specialist
To be based in Zurich
We love what we do, you can too
At Equatex we’re global citizens, collaborators, experts and innovators. Our culture is based on an ethos of partnership, and with us you’ll be challenged to work hard, but also be supported to reach your full potential.
Want to make a difference and influence your own work? Then get in touch with us!
Working at Equatex, you’ll find a workplace where trust and mutual understanding are highly valued, and you’ll see that we’re an employer that’s committed to doing the best for employees, clients, business partners, shareholders and our community. Our focus on customer needs drives our innovation mind-set and underlines the quality of our services. We love what we do, and at Equatex, you can too.
Equatex works with the world’s leading companies to provide cutting edge technologies, service and expertise to simplify their international compensation plans. With the latest cloud technologies and market leading financial reporting capabilities, we enable companies to deliver engaging compensation schemes across borders, languages and currencies.
Equatex is now part of the Computershare group, enabling us to continue to deliver and develop our in-depth expertise and service on a truly global scale.
What will I be doing?
As one of our permanent Data Analytics Specialist at Equatex you will strengthen the business intelligence capabilities of our IT Data Analytics team.
In your new role, your responsibilities include;
- Collaborate with your new team and other knowledge contributors to build up a solid knowledge of our compensation plans business.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders and senior management across the different areas of the business. Meet them and engage in a discussion of their reporting and dashboarding needs.
- Analyze the business reporting needs and requirements of your stakeholders.
- Use our collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) to document the requirements.
Propose and implement
- Design and create dashboards or ad-hoc analysis reports.
- Work with Oracle/SQL, Qlik Sense and NPrinting.
- Compile data from multiple sources and systems.
- Design, test, and implement the right views, measurements and processes in business intelligence that translate data into useful and actionable information. Cooperate with other IT teams to ensure timely and accurate implementation of business requirements (DBAs, infrastructure).
- Collect feedback from your stakeholders and leverage your dashboards and reports.
- Contribute to your teams Business Intelligence architecture with technical designs, defined repeatable processes and best practices around our Business Intelligence solution.
- Keep an eye on our operational Business Intelligence environment and secure its reliability.
- Work as part of a team within the Data Analytics & BI team and provide support to colleagues to enhance excellence within the team and department
If you’re looking for somewhere that you can bring your ideas and see them come to life, then this is the team that you want to be in.
What are we looking for?
You may have finished studying and be looking for that first step to kick start your career within the world of Data Analytics, or you may be an experienced Data Analytics Specialist that has come to a stalemate in your career and seeking that next challenge. We are open to all levels of experience. If you have a passion and awareness of Data Analytics, we can support you in developing your skillset further to really reach your potential.
We are looking for the successful candidate to have experience in creating content with a BI tool (e.g. Qlik Sense, PowerBI, Tableau) and the willingness to dive hands-on into our Oracle and Qlik based environment, along with experience of developing SQL queries. Oracle experience is preferable.
Other required skills, competencies and experience include;
- Professional experience in data technology, ideally within a financial background.
- Solid understanding of relational data models and data structures
- Ability to work with accuracy under tight deadlines
- Ability to organize and manage stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and quick understanding of complex procedures and processes
- Self-driven and proactive in building knowledge and expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional approach to interact with various stakeholders
- Fluent English language skills (written, spoken) are a pre-requisite. German is an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team where you can make a genuine impact on how we work and help to shape the team.
If this role sounds like what you’re looking for, and you want to be part of an organisation that focuses on our employees’ career progression, make your application today!
What’s in it for you?
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development along with career progression opportunities for all employees.
We also offer a competitive pension scheme and shareholder incentive plan.
A Truly Diverse Place to Work
Equatex celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone. Our team brings together individuals from around the world. We are multilingual and we value different cultures.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.