Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Bristol (Remote & Flexible working, must be able to attend local office once per week)
Salary & Benefits: £59,912 - £66,140 (depending on experience) base salary, plus annual personal bonus
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands - including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland - as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country. We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out.
Where does this role sit?
Our remit includes delivering new security products and services whilst continually improving our existing ones. This Senior Cloud Security Engineer role will involve working in one of our Product Teams (Perimeter + Network Security, Access Gateways + Security Logging, Platform Compliance, Threat Modelling + Control Curation, Security Product Curation) where responsibilities will include Build as well as Run tasks. Examples of tasks will include: product / control design and governance, investigations and assessments, terraform module creation and enhancements for cloud resource delivery and consumption, supporting roadmap planning for upcoming features against consumer use-cases, defect management and incident support, platform maturity and automation.
Together we make it possible!
The role will have end-to-end accountabilities including:
- Providing security leadership, guidance and consultation to diverse teams built from a mixture of LBG employee's, contractors and 3rd party consultants
- Owning the end-to-end security view for specific platform components, shared services or application integration items
- Becoming an SME for Products / Services in your aligned Product Team: delivering change, fulfilling run tasks and scoping then delivering enhancements to existing capabilities / processes
- Supporting new joiners and enhancing onboarding / upskilling processes
- Contributing to team and platform maturity with recommendations, ideas and improvements
- Working with an Engineer Lead and Product Owner to define a roadmap for Product Team owned Products + Services
- Self-managing and proactive attitude and approach to tasks assigned
- Balancing the needs of the business and security with a risk-based approach
The role will require you to be 'hands-on', to collaborate with peers to engineer new or enhance infrastructure level capabilities
What you'd get involved with:
- Working with architects and engineers to collaboratively define the mid and low level security requirements into a collection of design and engineering activities to ensure that the programme is delivering against agreed security standards and principles
- PoCs of new products / use-cases
- Operational documentation for support and consumption of products
- Proactively identifying security risks
- Onboarding and upskilling paths for Product Team products, tasks and processes
- Identify shortcomings and opportunities: suggesting and implementing improvements
- Contributing to and helping create an inclusive and collaborative environment for engineers to grow, develop and deliver value to platform consumers
- Performing threat modelling against architectures, engineered solutions, and as-is platforms
- Working with technical colleagues to overlay new requirements with the evolving threat landscape and work with vendors to ensure product development keeps pace with our needs
What's needed to be considered for this job?
- Hands on engineering experience working with: Terraform, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub, CI/CD, IaC, PaaS
- At least 3 years' DevOps / Engineer experience
- Experience working on a Public Cloud - Azure, GCP or AWS
- Self-starter and able to self-manage workload
- Have a drive to improve the environment you operate within: ownership and proactiveness in identifying constraints, and idea generation to mature and deliver improvements
- Practical / theoretical experience of Cloud Security
- Ownership and proactive management of assigned work
- Able to demonstrate completion of technical, hands-on tasks (writing code, interacting with APIs, deploying / managing infrastructure, Cloud / Security focused qualifications)
- Exposure to multiple Public Clouds - Azure, GCP or AWS
- Cloud and Security certifications
- Worked within a Cyber Security engineering team
- Experience: Cloud Product curation; terraform module development; Guardrail and control definition and development, continuous Cloud compliance enforcement, roles in large enterprise / regulated industry
- Skills: Chef Inspec, Ruby, OPA, Terraform Sentinel, Terraform Cloud, GitHub Actions
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Various share schemes (including free shares)
So, if you have a desire to work in a challenging role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We're flexible on location across any LBG hub locations. As a team we have all embraced remote working but do require team members to attend local hubs once per week (subject to change as per Group policy). We fully support the new developing workstyles, taking a flexible approach to 'future of work'. We support flexible working, whilst we can't accommodate every requirement, we are happy to consider any request.
We're committed to building a team which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.