Group Internal Controls Manager + ITGC
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company are pleased to be recruiting for a Group Internal Controls Manager for a large engineering business within the automotive industry.
This is a key role within the business, Group Finance has a high profile and visibility within the business, and internal control transformation and ‘UK SOX’ is a key focal area of the Group in the next few years.
The role involves focusing on strengthening of internal control environment, developing and enforcing the group framework and standard for controls in the Group Controls Framework (GCF), and monitoring of compliance. In addition, with the expected implementation of regulations and requirements around the new ‘UK SOX’, this role will be responsible for supporting the strategic and tactical planning, project management and implementation of Group directions with the individual divisions and business units.
Working in small team with all Group operations, this role requires strong planning and organisational skills to drive initiatives. Work will involve internal/external meetings, close liaisons with divisions and various senior stakeholders, data analysis and significant report writing. Therefore, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required, as well as the ability to build rapport and strong relationships with stakeholders. The role needs to be a good team player with strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse business groups.
- An extensive and complete knowledge of accounting principles and practices as gained by completion of a relevant accountancy professional qualification and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business with strong emphasis on Auditing, Accounting and Business. MBA is a plus
- Certification required in one of following: MBA, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CFE, CMA
- ACA or equivalent with 3+yrs PQE
- 2+ years of managerial experience ideally in Big 4 Strong financial control and operational/compliance audits experience
- Significant level of experience in IT controls
- Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage team effectively and inspire higher potential of team members
- Experience of large scale multi-site manufacturing operations
- Experience of working internationally in different cultures
- Experience of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders
Responsibilities of Position:
- Working closely with Group Head of Internal Controls, VP Risk & Global Controller and the Divisional Finance Directors, to maintain and enforce the Group’s framework of financial controls, including enforcement of compliance, management of exceptions, implementation of a structured methodology to ensure continuing compliance under the Group Controls Framework (GCF).
- To provide objective assurance to the Executive Committee and the Audit & Risk Committee on the effectiveness of the organisations system of risk management and its internal control environment.
- To support the divisions to accomplish its objectives and requirements on internal controls by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes as well as providing consulting advice designed to add value and improve operations
- This position works closely with and reports to the Head of Internal Controls in developing the strategic plan and roadmap for the company to adopt the upcoming ‘UK SOX’ requirements, and the support the implementation of the required control standards. A significant part of this role will be involved in IT controls, along with financial controls.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Automotive & Aviation £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Automotive & Aviation £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Sarbanes-Oxley Automotive & Aviation £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Automotive & Aviation £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom