Business Intelligence Analyst, MAM Enterprise
The Global Insights & Analytics team in Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team.
In this role, you will support the business' growth ambitions by delivering Business Intelligence, Reporting, and Insights at scale. You will be working with a variety of data: firm financials, sales figures, client data, performance, market data, sustainability, DEI metrics, and more. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the businesses and support MAM's ambition to become a more digital and data-driven business globally.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable with changing priorities, and manage multiple pieces of work concurrently
- Interact closely with MAM Executive Committee and senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and expected outcomes
- Work with business SMEs to analyze, model, organize, and reconcile data
- Collaborate across business units to build a deep understanding of datasets and methodologies to inform solutions, prioritize, and provide proactive opportunity assessment
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications
- Work collaboratively with COG Technology team and Digitech team, who will identify, deliver, and operate solutions and platforms to meet the requirements
- Be consultative in designing data visualizations and other tools
- Define and document business requirements and processes
Key traits of the ideal candidate include:
- 5+ years of related financial services industry experience where you have utilized data to understand business trends and identify opportunities
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or related field
- Inquisitive mindset, strategic thinker, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking abilities
- Comfortable with large data sets and quantitative analysis
- Clear vision of "the big picture" without losing attention to detail
- Business Intelligence and data visualisation experience
- Adept at engaging, collaborating, and influencing people at all levels and areas
- Proven time management organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable managing multiple pieces of work concurrently and changing priorities
- Commitment to learning new skills
- Intermediate/Advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- Preferred experience with: Dataiku, Alteryx, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Python
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/???523/GBP440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.