Accounts & Audit Semi-Senior
On behalf of our client, a well-established and forward-thinking accountancy practice in Maidenhead, we are recruiting for an Accounts & Audit Semi Senior to join the dynamic team. The role will encompass year-end accounts preparation, corporation tax work and audit assignments for manager and partner review.
This firm is currently going through an exciting phase of expansion and as such, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have potential for career progression and when qualified, work towards senior and then manager level.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Accounts & Audit Semi Senior will have the following responsibilities:
- Accounts preparation for clients, primarily small and medium sized enterprises including limited companies, LLPs, partnerships, charities and sole traders with limited supervision
- Assist with pre audit planning with Senior, Manager and Partner, attend client premises for each audit assignment at planning and field work stage, and presenting the audit files for manager review with key audit findings to be communicated to the client manager and/or partner
- Communicate directly with clients, partners and support staff on all matters to ensure all queries are discussed and unresolved matters are brought to the attention of client managers or partner
- Establish strong and successful relationships with accounts and audit clients; maintain and develop existing as well as new customers and identify cross selling service opportunities
- Ensure the client control schedule has been updated accurately at all stages of the assignment, from the receipt of client records through to job completion
- Motivate and assist with the training of junior members of staff
- Document and test audit clients’ systems and controls notes
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills through continued study
- Maintain and uphold the professional ethical standards of the company and legal regulations purporting to money laundering and terrorist financing
Some audit assignments are not local and where audit clients are located at non commutable distances from the office, overnight accommodation will be arranged as necessary.
To be a serious contender for this role, applicants should have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- ACA or ACCA part qualified
- Be confident in accounts and audit work as outlined above, with two years’ experience, gained within practice
- Have the ability and desire to mentor and oversee junior team members
- Be a team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be IT literate with knowledge of accountancy and audit software, especially Xero
As Accounts & Audit Semi Senior, you will receive a competitive salary and study package, enjoy a supportive working environment and have the opportunity to thrive within this successful practice.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Accounts & Audit Semi Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Apply for Accounts & Audit Semi-Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom