- Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- Birmingham / Hybrid
- Up to £39,100 per annum
- 07 Nov 2022
- 28 Nov 2022
- Stacey Carrington
- Job Type
- Compliance & Regulation, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Compliance, Regulation, Financial Crime
- Employer Sector
- Government & Military, Legal, Not For Profit & Charities, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At the SRA, keeping money launderers out of legal services has long been a priority. Anti-money laundering (AML) in the legal sector is seeing rapid change and our AML Proactive Supervision Team helps respond to these emerging trends through ongoing engagement with law firms to improve compliance and share knowledge. Proactive supervision with firms involves engagement, as well as desk based and onsite reviews.
As an AML Associate, you will lead on-site reviews into regulated firms and individuals across England and Wales. With your in-depth knowledge and understanding of AML legislation and practices, you will conduct reviews independently to assess firms' compliance with AML legislation and financial sanctions. Reviewing related documents and interviewing fee earners and senior members of firms, you will be able to draw out key information to make assessments and identify risks that require action. You will engage with firms to provide high quality guidance and feedback, including compliance plans, using your expertise to brings firms into compliance.
Pro-actively collaborating with AML and wider SRA colleagues, you will support the effective delivery of SRA objectives and a joined-up approach to AML. You will be knowledgeable about financial crime regulation and the regulation of solicitors to explain our work to law firms and to contribute to the debate on how AML regulation should work.
There is a full role profile attached at the bottom of the advert which provides further information on the role and requirements.
The role requires travel across England and Wales to conduct on-site reviews, on average 1-2 days a week.
What is in it for you?
- Make an impact by applying your specialist AML knowledge across the rapidly changing legal services market.
- Build relationships and engage with a range of stakeholders, firms, and individuals.
- Showcase your ability to analyse complex and technical information to identify AML risks.
- Work in a friendly collaborative team.
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression, as well as support with undertaking additional learning and qualifications.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in a regulatory, legal or AML environment.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of AML/CTF legislation and procedures.
- Experience of conducting on-site visits, inspections or investigations with law firms or equivalent businesses.
- Experience of complex cases and drafting reports in a contentious or regulatory environment.
- Effective communication skills at all levels and the ability to explain complex matters succinctly and with clarity.
- Proven ability to plan and manage own workload in a highly efficient and effective manner, and to meet competing deadlines while meeting quality criteria.
Useful and additional information
There is a Role Profile attached at the bottom of the advert on our website.
Typically, you will be working from home 2-3 days a week and attending on-site visits and working from the office rest of the week.
If you have any questions that are not answered in the advert, additional documents or our website, please contact us via email.
Please click 'apply' to complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter, addressing how you meet the requirements outlined in this advert and the attached role profile.
To find out more about the recruitment and selection process and how to make the most of your application, please visit our jobs pages.
Closing date for applications is 28 November at 09:00, however we may choose to close the application period earlier by 21 November if sufficient number of applications are received. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if the role is of interest.
More searches like this
- Compliance Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom