Audit & Accounts Senior
Excellent opportunity for an Audit & Accounts Senior with an accountancy firm based in Woking, to provide support to managers in the audit and accounts department as well as direct client work for a varied portfolio.
Clients range from local start-ups, SMEs and individuals, through to large corporates across a wide range of industries and the role offers a dynamic working environment where your career can flourish.
The split of this role is approximately 60/40 audit to accounts but will also include other aspects of accountancy as required to support the firm as a whole, making this a rounded and interesting role.
Reporting to managers and partners, as Audit & Accounts Senior your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and undertaking the accounts preparation work for clients, ensuring jobs are taken to a stage of completion ready for review
- Undertake and manage audits both in house and on site ready for manager and partner review
- Assisting managers where required for ad hoc work including profit and cash flow forecasting, management accounts, valuations and due diligence work etc
- Assist the team with a variety of work for clients to include annual accounts preparation, audit work, corporation tax, personal tax, VAT and management accounts
- Assist with meeting statutory deadlines for all clients and meeting billing targets
- Ensure all duties are performed in compliance with the Firm’s Staff Handbook and Procedures Manual
- Team development and assisting with their roles and responsibilities as required including mentoring and management of junior staff
- Assisting managers to effectively managing all aspects of a portfolio of business clients including the accounting and tax affairs of the related parties within the agreed budgets and timescales
We welcome applications from those that can satisfy the following:
- Be ACA, ACCA or CA qualified Ideally around 2 years’ post qualification experience gained within practice
- Have good knowledge of accepted auditing and accounting practices and principles, applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge of economic principles and current affairs, and commercial acumen
- Strong IT skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is essential, knowledge of CaseWare or similar accounting package & commercial bookkeeping packages like Xero, Sage and QuickBooks an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Attention to detail and accuracy Judgment and problem-solving skills with appropriate use of initiative
This firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, depending upon experience, and the opportunity to further develop skills and for career progression.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Audit & Accounts Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Apply for Audit & Accounts Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom