Internal Audit Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Salary: £42,503 - £47,573 per annum fully inclusive (pro rata) plus a Local Weighting Allowance of £1,002 is also payable.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Finance and Commercial Services Management team, as an Internal Audit Manager. The role is part of the biggest Finance transformation project the Council has ever seen, and this role is a senior role within the project. The Internal Audit function is being brought back in-house having been outsourced for some significant period of time. This role provides the opportunity to be part of a new and exciting development within a broader ‘assurance’ team that includes counter fraud, risk and insurance and financial governance.
Slough Borough Council's Finance and Commercial team is undergoing huge a transformation and is looking for new team members to be key players in its change and improvement journey. SBC has faced unprecedented challenges in recent times but has now developed a recovery and improvement plan which along with the commitment and hard work of officers and members is beginning to make a positive impact. It will be challenging but you will have an almost unique opportunity to be part of a team that will help re-build the Council and its finances. The Finance and Commercial services team are crucial to helping the council deliver on its ambitious new plans.
This role will allow you to have impact, be challenged and be part of a team that wants to leave a positive legacy within both the organisation and community.
What you'll be doing:
- leading on preparing audit plans for the Council and client organisations, including consultation with senior management, research, risk assessment and presentation of the draft audit plan for approval by senior management teams and the audit and corporate governance committee
- line manager responsibility for the internal audit team; coaching and development, allocation and supervision of work, appraisals, managing performance and attendance in conformance with council policies and procedures
- manage across the wider team to ensure agreed audit plans are delivered in line with agreed performance measures
- act as the key contact for allocated council Deputy Directors and shared service client managers
- attend senior management team meetings to present the outcomes of internal audit work, attend audit and corporate governance committee meetings and present audit progress reports and annual opinion statements
- Ensure all audits are completed within agreed Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme (QAIP) through regular monitoring of work across the team.
What you'll have:
We encourage development, ambition and progression so even if you don't have all the skills/experience, please do consider applying as full training and support are offered.
- Full CCAB accounting qualification or MIIA (or equivalent CIIA qualification)
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development
- Substantial generalist internal auditing experience at a management level
- Experience of leading teams of professional internal audit staff
- Authoritative knowledge of relevant work areas, and a well-developed knowledge of working in a complex organisation
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary & fantastic defined pension scheme
- Opportunity to shape the service successfully and play a leading management role
- Leave a successful legacy both within the company and community
- Have a role that will truly challenge you and that will fulfil your own ambitions
Our offer to you:
Slough Borough Council is a challenging but rewarding place to work offering a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with a real opportunity for your input to be valued and heard. Ambition and innovation will be required now more than ever, and you'll join a friendly and collaborative environment where you are encouraged to thrive.
Alongside a competitive salary, there are a range of great benefits including:
- Flexible and hybrid working options with an expectation of at least 2 days per week in the office
- Generous holiday entitlement-25 days annual leave (not including Bank holidays), rising to 29 days between 2-5 years of service and 32 days after 5 years of service.
- Generous pension scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives including cycle rides and sports tournaments amongst others
- Our commitment to equality and diversity through a range of employee networks
- Tax-free childcare and childcare services
- Discounted car parking
- Season loan ticket-to help with the cost of your rail/bus journey to and from work.
In our office, we are assembling the best minds in public sector reform. If that’s you, then this could be a career defining move for you.
How to apply:
Please apply using the 'Apply' button.
Please refer to the relevant Job Description and Person Spec on our website.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Candidates as they are currently under-represented in leadership positions.
We value diversity.