Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting to and working with the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for undertaking end-to-end audit reviews to provide assurance on compliance with legal and regulatory standards and internal and customer facing procedures and performance obligations and advise upon areas for improvement; and undertake follow up reviews and exercise continuing business oversight.
The business are a well know organisations with offices in Manchester.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Senior Internal Auditor:
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting planned and ad hoc Internal Audit reviews, inclusive of:
- Planning - Undertake research to understand the business area and identify key risks for review, to determine the audit approach and agree audit scope and objectives.
- Fieldwork - Undertake audit testing, to evaluate the effectiveness of controls and identify areas of weakness and improvement.
- Debrief - Communication of audit findings to agree management action plans and pragmatic solutions to address any improvements identified.
- Reporting - Prepare draft Internal Audit reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager and agreement with management.
- Follow Up - Monitor progress of implementation of agreed recommendations, providing ongoing assistance and advice to management as required.
- Maintain appropriate audit documentation to high quality standards.
- Complete audits in line with agreed timescales.
- Support, advise, and participate with business change and improvement projects, incident and fraud investigations, and other ad hoc work as required.
- Assist in identifying risks and process improvement opportunities and areas for audit review across the business.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across the business.
- Assist with the development of the Internal Audit function and its promotion.
- Maintain and develop audit knowledge, skills, and other competencies, including awareness of developments in audit and compliance practice and changing legislation/practice that may affect business operations.
Essential Skills and Attributes of the Senior Internal Auditor:
- Good academic background, with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. CMIIA or equivalent.
- Experienced Internal Auditor - financial and/or IT background would be beneficial.
- Excellent understanding of Internal Audit methodologies, risk and control frameworks.
- Experience of delivering Internal Audits to quality standards and within agreed timescales.
- Methodical approach to Internal Audit and excellent organisational skills.
- Logical and analytical thinker with sound judgement and the ability to examine, interpret and assimilate varied and complex data.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, and able to see and think outside the box.
- Service delivery, commercial, and value-added focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - with an ability to express ideas with authority and conviction, and constructively challenge the status quo and influence change.
- Personable with strong interpersonal skills.
- Authentic and operates with high levels of integrity, transparency, humility and
- Self-motivated and able to work with a degree of autonomy, whilst also able to engage and work within a team.
- Full driving licence.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the UK and comfortable travelling alone. While location is flexible, it will be necessary to travel to client and company locations across the country as per the requirements of each audit.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including excellent proficiency with Word and Excel, and IT competent.
The successful Senior Internal Auditor will receive;
- Competitive salary of up to £50k, depending on experience,
- Car Allowance of £5,400,
- 100% remote role - occasional meetings with Hiring Manager in Person,
- Private Medical,
- Life Assurance