Senior Regulatory Manager
Senior Regulatory Manager
Location: UK Remote (with some travel to Skipton)
Award Winning Employee Share Plan + 10% Company Pension contribution + Flexible Working + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Excellent Working Culture
We give you a world of potential
We have an exciting opportunity to become a Senior Regulatory Manager here at Computershare. We are flexible on remote working, so if you aren’t looking to be based full-time in an office, we’ve got you covered.
We have an extremely supportive environment and management team who are invested in their people’s careers. You will be encouraged to continue to develop and grow within Computershare and we’ll give you the tools and encouragement to make that happen.
A role you will love
This is a unique and varied role where every day is different, giving you the scope to become involved in lots of activities. This role allows you the autonomy to take decisions and consequently make a positive difference to Computershare. You will be working with both internal teams as well as with Computershare’s clients, which include a wide range of mortgage lenders.
Some of the key accountabilities:
- Supporting the Risk and Compliance Team to maintain an appropriate second line of defence function and to deliver its wider strategic objectives and risk appetites
- Providing advice, guidance and support to the business about new and existing regulatory change
- As a client facing role, you will be required to discuss regulatory change and issues with clients in an accurate and confident way. This may include challenging the client on their views
- To discuss regulatory matters with Senior Management, Executives, and the FCA in a knowledgeable and confident way
- Providing compliance approval for customer-facing communications, policies and processes, and maintaining appropriate records of these
- Ensuring appropriate oversight/approval of any business and client requests which may have regulatory risks associated with them
- Provide Compliance support on projects such as major change initiatives, regulatory change, new client take-on and remediation.
- Working with the relevant areas of the business to ensure any regulatory risks associated with policies and processes are understood and addressed, and in particular, when appropriate, to take the lead in discussing any regulatory risks direct with clients.
- Support the business with new business activities, this may include contributing to new business tenders.
- Attendance at internal and client governance forums to represent the CLS Compliance Team
What will you bring to the role?
The successful candidate will have extensive experience working in a similar role in a financial services environment.
Stakeholder engagement is paramount in this role; therefore, you’ll be used to working with stakeholders across many seniority levels. You will have exceptional attention to detail, and an analytical mindset.
Some other key skills that you’ll have:
- Extensive experience in a compliance role within the financial services sector.
- Good knowledge of the mortgage industry
- A good understanding of FCA’s Handbook, especially MCOB / CONC/ SYSC / DISP / PRIN / SUP / COCON
- Data Protection / OFCOM / Irish Mortgage Regulation and Commercial Lending knowledge desirable.
- Previous experience of liaising with corporate clients
- Providing advice and guidance to a business on regulatory issues
- Excellent knowledge of financial services business practices and procedures
- Successful, proven experience of liaising with internal and external management at senior levels, and working with them to deliver a regulatory risk solution
- Ability to work independently, able to plan and direct own work.
- Extensive conduct risk knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, persuasiveness, and communication: both written and verbal
- Whilst it is advantageous to hold a qualification relating to financial services, this is not essential.
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 40,000 clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere.
Rewards designed for you
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
More searches like this
- Compliance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Technology, ICT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Technology, ICT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Technology, ICT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom