Head of Internal Audit, Student Loans Company & Head of Financial Services Centre of Excellence
Do you have previous financial services experience and are you looking to broaden your horizons into an important public services role? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Government Internal Audit Agency are an Executive Agency of HM Treasury and a specialist provider of internal audit and counter fraud and investigation services to central government. As we provide more and more audit services across government we need to grow our teams which means we currently have vacancies across a range of our teams from Ministry of Justice, Dept of Health & Social Care to our Programme and Project Management Specialist teams.
You will be the Head of Internal Audit (HIA) for the Student Loans Company (SLC), leading a GIAA team of seven to deliver our audit programme of around 900 days of activity at the SLC. Given the dynamic nature of GIAA and the wider Department for Education team (which the SLC team forms part of), your portfolio of work may vary in size over time, with the opportunity to work across the wider departmental group.
HIA for Student Loans Company (approximately 75-80% of role)
- Engage effectively with senior stakeholders to support the identification and management of key risks and to promote effective governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
- Deliver the Audit Plans in line with quality, time and budget requirements.
- Lead very high risk or complex audit assignments.
- Deliver robust, evidence-based, independent assurance opinions to SLC and its Audit Committee in accordance with the agreed timetables, culminating in providing an opinion on the system of internal control.
- Ensure the whole team are compliant with professional standards and compliance with GIAA’s single audit methodology and audit management software
- Lead people to manage, recognise and reward good performance; promote personal and professional development; nurture and manage talent.
Head of GIAA Financial Services Centre of Excellence / Community of Practice (approximately 20-25% of role)
- Working with the GIAA Deputy Director, Specialisms, lead the establishment and development of a Financial Services Centre of Excellence / Community of Practice for GIAA, bringing together existing and potentially new colleagues with required skills and interests to establish an audit and assurance strategy for relevant existing and new GIAA customer organisations.
Candidates will need to demonstrate full current membership of a recognised professional accountancy / audit body.
Benefits of working for GIAA are:
- Competitive salaries and in year rewards
- Flexible working
- Your pension is a valuable part of your total reward package.
- Discounts on big brands
- Volunteering days
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free eyesight tests
- Generous annual leave
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The law requires that selection for appointment to the Civil Service is on merit on the basis of fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles, and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact GIAA Recruitment team via email in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Head of Department Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom